~Chapter 27~

°Anakin's POV°
The Chancellor was rescued, unharmed. The Count is dead because of me. I had no idea that I could've potentially killed him in our last battle, but then again, I was still just a Padawan at the time. Compared to now, I am much stronger than before during our fight on Geonosis.

I've been having dreams of Padmé when she goes through child birth. I know it's most probably a vision and Padmé told me otherwise because she is not Force-sensitive. Ever since the visions started, I've been getting closer to the Chancellor. One, because he is able to help me, though I have no idea how he will, and two, is that the Council wants me to spy on him. I'm only getting close to the Chancellor on behalf of the second reason because it's an order from the Council, other than that, I'm doing this for my own reasons, and Padmé's well-being when she delivers.

~time skip awaaay~

°Palpatine's POV°
Everything is going according to plan. Anakin has revealed my secret, the Jedi are coming for me and soon, the Clones will go on a killing rampage.

I heard the doors open and Mace Windu's voice, saying that I am to be arrested. I let out a cackle before saying that I am the senate, and they can never arrest me. I had my lightsaber out at the time and once the Jedi started attacking, I whipped into action, taking out three of the five effortlessly. I engaged in a short battle with Windu and the other Master before taking out the weaker Master effortlessly. Windu and I continued our fight, going from the Senate meeting room, to my personal quarters.

In the heat of the battle, Windu started getting stronger. Soon enough, I felt the strong presence as well, but it was too late for me to take advantage of it. Windu had me pinned on the ground by the window. He was about to deliver the killing blow when Anakin busted into the room.

"Master Windu! Stop! I need him!"

"What do you mean Skywalker?! He is too dangerous to be kept alive!"

"Even so, it is not the Jedi way! He should stand trial before being executed!"

"Where is your brain Skywalker?! Don't you know this man is too dangerous to be kept alive?! We've been manipulated by him this entire time! He is a Sith, he needs to die!"

"It is still not the Jedi way, Master Windu! I need him alive!"

"And why exactly do you need him? He is a Sith Lord! What help could he possibly do?!"

"I need him to save Padmé!"

"Padmé? Do you mean Senator Amidala? Why are you calling her by her first name? Either way, the Sith Lord cannot live."

I started begging Windu to let me live, another part of my plan. Now he looks a little reluctant to take my life. Anakin continues to beg Windu for my life, perfect.

"I-I'm too weak. Anakin, help me." I begged Anakin for help and Windu counters, asking Anakin to help him instead of me.

Anakin stays undecided when Windu raises his lightsaber for the kill. I continued begging to buy time and I saw Anakin out the corner of my eye about to take off Windu's arm. Before Windu could lower his lightsaber for the kill, Anakin ignited his and in one swift motion, took off Windu's arm. I cackled, proud of my new apprentice.

"POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!" I screamed while emitting Force lightning from my finger tips at Windu, pushing him out of the window and onto the busy streets below. That's another Jedi taken care of.

"What have I done... What have I done?!" Anakin looked distraught since he had just help to kill a member of the Jedi Council. He dropped to his knees in front of me and said, "please, I'll do anything you want, just help me save Padmé."

"Oh, don't worry. I will help you. All you need to do is become my apprentice."

"Yes, I'll do anything you want, M-Master."

"Good. Henceforth, you shall be known as, Darth... Vader."

"Yes, my Master."

"Now, I have a mission for you."

"I will do anything, Master."

"Good. I need you to kill the Younglings and everyone else in the Jedi Temple. No hesitation."

"Yes, Master. I will do my best."

"You better not fail me, or you will see that you are replaced."

"Acknowledged, Master."

I give him a slight nod before telling him to leave me. Now, it's time. I start contacting all the Clone Commanders to execute Order 66. After this crucial step, there will be only a handful of Jedi left and then it's time for Darth Krataa to do her job. Speaking of Krataa, I haven't had the chance to officially give her, her Sith name yet.

°Melisa's POV°
I was daydreaming in my room in the Temple when this sudden urge caused me to snap out of my daydream. It was like telling me that I had to get out of here immediately. I didn't question it since I was trained to follow my instincts.

I came out of the Temple just in time to see Anakin marching with his Clone Battalion, seemingly ready to take over the Temple. He stopped right beside me and crouched down to whisper in my ear, "leave this place before I am forced to strike you down."

Once again, I didn't question him. His words definitely sent a chill down my spine as I ran to the Chancellor's office, the place where I know that I will be safe. Besides, the Chancellor did promise that I will be safe from Order 66 if I had followed his instructions.

I entered his office in a fit of hurry, and surprisingly, Palpatine rushed over to help me to a chair once he saw how exhausted I was. Well at least I am safe now.

"Melisa, once you are rested, I have something to tell you that requires your attention. If you are willing, that is."

"Of... course... Master." I was still trying to catch my breath after sprinting the whole way from the Temple.

"Here, allow me to help you. I will transfer some of my energy to you so that you will regain yours faster."

"Thank you Master, but there is no need for it. As you can see, I have already regained my energy. It's a special ability that I have that allows me to take energy from the surrounding environment and use it to my advantage."

"I see. That is a very interesting ability Melisa. I wonder why the Jedi wouldn't make you a Knight before The Purge began."

"The Purge? Is that what you are calling Order 66?"

"Yes, in other words it is The Great Jedi Purge because all the Clones have received their orders to kill their Jedi Generals. Except for the 501st Legion. Anyway, let's not get off topic. I need you to kneel on one knee, Melisa."

I have a feeling that he's going to give me my Sith name. I'm not sure that I deserve one, though my interest in the Sith have grown tremendously after he told me that the Jedi were weak. I did as he said and dropped to one knee to receive my Sith name.

"From this day forth, you shall be known as Darth... Krataa. You are now my apprentice and I need you to go to Mustafar. The Separatist Leaders will be there and I need you to exterminate them. I will inform them of your arrival as my apprentice hoping to learn the ropes from them as a cover."

"Yes, my Master. I will not fail you, nor do I want to be replaced."

"Good. You know the consequences of failure. I assume that would be enough to motivate you."

"Of course, Master."