~Chapter 19~

°Melisa's POV°
   They have been outside for quite a while now, I wonder what they are talking about. I have no right to eavesdrop, but my curiosity got the best of me. I got up from my bed, I tried standing but my head went dizzy. I sat back down, waiting for the headache to calm down.

   When my headache finally calmed down, the door opened and in walked Obi-Wan and that other guy, Anakin was it? Oh well, so much for planning on eavesdropping. I waved to them with a smile, hoping to hide my guilty face.

   "Melisa, do you remember anything else? For example, the other Jedi?" Obi-Wan asked.

   "Yeah, I remember Master Yoda, Master Windu and Shaak-Ti, to name a few. Of course, I can never forget... Q-Qui-Gon..." I broke down after saying Qui-Gon's name. "I-I remember h-how he d-died... a-and h-his funeral." I cried uncontrollably then I felt warm arms wrap around me.

   "Shh... it's okay Melisa. It's okay." Obi-Wan said, trying to comfort me.

   I cried into his chest harder, soaking his robe. Slowly, he carried me and started walking out of the Medical Bay. I assumed he was bringing me to his room but instead, he stopped outside the Council Room doors.

   "Why are we here?" I asked him, my voice was hoarse from crying so hard.

   "It's okay Melisa, we're going to ask for the Council's help to regain your memories." Obi-Wan replied.

   "But I don't want them to see me like this. Can we go some other time?"

   "We don't have time for that. You are to become a Padawan soon, remember? So we have to get your memories back as soon as possible."

   "Yes, I remember. Okay, I'll go in but can you put me down first? And I need to clean up my face."

   He smiles and sets me down. I use the sleeves of my robe to wipe my tears away and I kept asking Obi-Wan if my eyes were red. I didn't want to go in with a tear stained face, or with any signs that I was crying. That would show weakness and the Jedi do not need more of that in their Order. At last, I could not wait any longer so I used the Force to cover up my red eyes. Once I was done, Obi-Wan knocked and was immediately answered by Master Yoda to enter. Obi-Wan went to his seat while Anakin and I stood in the centre of the room. Master Yoda started the conversation with asking Obi-Wan why we were here.

   "Well, Melisa has lost her memory-" Master Windu had cut Obi-Wan off.

   "What are you saying?!" He exclaimed as he shot to his feet, making me jump a little since he was usually very calm.

   "With all due respect Master Windu, please calm down and let me finish." Master Windu sat back down and Obi-Wan continued talking, "thank you. As I was saying, Melisa lost her memory but it only seems to be those she had with Anakin. She remembers the rest of us just fine, including Anakin's late Master."

   I tried so hard not to let them see my tears but I couldn't hold it in anymore. I couldn't believe myself, I just cried in front of the Jedi Council. How could I be so weak just from a mention of a name? Well, I am still just a kid and I'm being too mature for my age. I wanted to hit the floor but I felt two strong arms catch me before I could even move. Anakin's reflexes were amazing, seeing that no one reacted as fast as him when I suddenly broke down.

   "Masters, perhaps we should continue this another time. Please, excuse us." Anakin said.

   "Dismissed, you are. Discuss about this matter, the Council will. Worry not young Starkiller, help you recover your memories, we will."

   I managed a small nod as Anakin picked me up bridal style and walked down the corridor to, where I assume, was his room.

~back in the Council Room~

°Obi-Wan's POV°
   Once Anakin and Melisa walked out, Master Windu started asking questions about how Melisa lost her memory of Anakin. I couldn't keep it from them much longer so I told them what had happened and how Melisa healed me. I didn't mention the part where I felt a little of the Dark Side when she was healing me as I didn't want them to throw her out.

   "Hmm, know of this, I do not. But find a solution, we must." Master Yoda spoke after a few moments of thinking.

   The whole Council agreed that a solution must be found to help Melisa regain her memory and decided that I would bring her again tomorrow. This time, without Anakin. The meeting was adjourned after we all came to an agreement and I went off to find Anakin and Melisa.

~in Anakin's room~

°Anakin's POV°
   Melisa was still crying onto my shoulder when I carried her to my room. When I tried setting her down on the sofa, she would let go of me and just continued crying into my shoulder. My sleeve was soaking but I didn't mind, she was like a sister to me and of course, I had to be there for her. I had to be her pillar of support no matter what.

   I sat down on my sofa with Melisa on my lap. She continued to bawl her eyes out and I slowly rubbed her back to comfort her. After a few minutes, Obi-Wan came in. He sat down beside me and offered to take over for a while. I kindly rejected, saying that it was no problem. I tried sending a calming energy to her but she didn't respond to it. I thought she would have at least calmed down a little.

   I kept sending the calming energies, hoping that it'll help her calm down. I had to try, I couldn't give up just because she didn't react the first time. After what felt like hours, she finally started to calm down. Her constant screams from crying had now turned into soft sobs. She let go of me after a few more seconds and scooted to the other side of the sofa. I checked the time, it was almost 11pm. I had no idea she could cry for six hours straight, guess she had a lot of tears pent up inside. After a few more moments of silence, Obi-Wan spoke into my mind.

(Obi=Obi-Wan, Ani=Anakin)

   Obi - Hello? Anakin?

   Ani - Yes Obi-Wan?

   Obi - Why don't you break the silence?

   Ani - And how do you want me to do that?

   Obi - Just think of something Anakin. I can't possibly speak to her at a time like this.

   Ani - But she doesn't even remember me Obi-Wan. What do you expect me to say? That we liked each other as brother and sister?

   Obi - You could start off with that. Maybe that can spark a memory.

   Ani - Ohh... I forgot that I was talking to you.

   Obi - Ha ha. Very funny Anakin. Just start a conversation please? The silence is killing me.

   Ani - Fine.

   I opened my eyes to see a very curious Melisa staring at us with an eyebrow raised. Then she looked away and nodded. That was weird.