01: Days at Home

I usually spend every day I can outside. Going out with friends, our occasional neighborhood party, running around. But at least once a week, I see my group of close friends- Jack, Mark, Felix, (3 of Your Friends). We usually hang out at each other's houses, or go and get frozen yogurt or something. Not this week, though. Not for me, anyway.

"ACHOO! ACHOO!" I sneezed, the sudden force violently racking my body. I am sitting on my bed, a princess blanket on my head and surrounding my shoulders like a poncho, a black t shirt with (Favorite Video Game) characters on it, long grey sweatpants, and Pikachu socks on. My room has turned into a sick ward for the past week. A trash bag to my right filled halfway with tissues, a 16 oz. Thermos of mint tea on my nightstand, a bottle of water on the floor, Benadryl packets at the foot of the bed, my laptop in front of me with Netflix pulled up, complimentary music droning from said laptop... My phone charging halfway across the room so that every time it goes off I get some semblance of exercise when I have to go see what it was.

"ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOO!" I sneezed again. "Wow. Four in a row this time." I said aloud. I push my laptop away and grab my tea, taking a sip and looking at my clock. 2:30- the time when the group chat gets together and plans what we're going to do. Which explains why my text notification keeps going off. Dang me forgetting to silence that thing! I rolled over, coughed, and covered my head with my pillow and fell asleep.

******

I wake up, yawn, stretch, cough, and resume my princess blanket 'burrito' of sickness. I haven't even taken my next Benadryl before my doorbell rings. With a sigh, I adjust my blanket covering my head and shoulders and head downstairs to see who interrupted my sick day. I peek out the window to see... Jack?

*Flashback*
"OhmygoshI'mfreakingout, Ihaveacrushonhiiiiiiiim!" I said in between breaths, the 'him' in question being Jack. I was talking to (Friend's Name), and she was asking me about everyone in the group. She payed special attention to Jack, so l got a hint she knew before I told her.

"What would you do if he ever came to visit your house?" She asked.

"I would die, (F/N). I would die."

*Flashback End*