11: Diary Dilemma- Part 2

*Time Skip, Morning*

I'm sitting at my kitchen island, fully dressed, staring at the notebook in front of me. I'm pondering how long it will take before Jack rings the doorbell, hands me my book, and then walks away without looking back. As if called upon, the doorbell rang. My (tea/coffee) almost flies out of my mug, I flinched so hard at the uncanny timing. Sighing quite heavily, I get up and open the door to reveal the one and only Jack, holding my notebook in one hand. Jack hits me with a massive hug. Taken by surprise, I stumble back from the impact and almost fall over, only being kept upright by his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jack asked, his voice muffled from his face being buried in my shoulder. "I've liked you for such a long time." He said.

"I was so afraid." I answered honestly. "I didn't know how you would react." Jack pulled away from me, and looked me in the eyes. I could tell that he was debating whether or not to kiss me. He then smiled softly at me, knowing that I knew what he was thinking.

"Not yet." He said quietly. "But soon." He then gave me one last hug, and then walked out of my house, turning to wave goodbye and smile before closing the door behind him. I looked down, realizing I now had my diary and another notebook in my hand, while the art book on the table was nowhere to be seen. I smiled in spite of myself, appreciating that Jack made the switch one thousand times less awkward for me. I sat back down at the island with the books in front of me, my diary on top, and I open up the book to the first page. The first words were,

'Jack is so cute ;D' written in fancy cursive. I smiled, remembering the day I wrote that almost a year ago. I proceeded to read my entire diary, from start to finish. On the last page was my entry from the day before yesterday. The last words were,

'Sean William McLoughlin, I love you.' And, on a green sticky note, right under those words I wrote, I saw these words written in Jack's handwriting-

'I love you too <3'. I trace my finger over the words in black ink that contrast the neon green note, imagining Jack's voice speaking the words aloud. I smiled again and closed the diary. I set the book aside, impulsively remembering the other notebook Jack gave me. Curious, I pull the book toward me and open in. On the first page was an entry written in the same elegant handwriting from the green note in my other diary.

'(Y/N), I love you so much. I've never had any way to tell you, but the opportunity presented itself. I feel that you should know that I did read your diary, and I'm so, so sorry. At first, I didn't think you were serious, because I never thought you would like me. But as I kept reading, I realized how serious you were about me, and it made me realize how in love with you I am. I love you more than I though I did. So, I hope you take this new notebook as a diary since you wrote on the last page of the other one. And I want you to know- (Y/F/N), I love you eternally.

Love, Jack <3'