20 Days Of | Friends

"See now, we're friends, we should rent an apartment like they showed in the show 'friends'."

"So that we could be like Ross and Rachel?"

"Totally! You could be my lobster!"

"And we would get together always in the end?"

- - -

Day 6

Friends

A person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

I really never wanted to friend zone you after our break up. It's like telling my murderer to keep in touch with me.

But being the fool in love, I made a mistake again.

I don't know why I keep going after you knowing well that, now your decision isn't going to change.

I guessed wrong, again.

When you said we're over, it didn't crossed my mind that now we are over as friends too.

When I saw you today sitting alone at what supposed to be 'our' table, I guess I just couldn't help myself.

You're like a drug to me, I keep going back to you even I know you'll be the death of me.

Your pale face, your black eyes, your messed up hairs, your baby pink lips, your black sweater, your ripped jeans, you, you and you.

That was all in my mind, when I asked you, "Can't we be friends again?"

I wanted to sit close to you, hold your hands again, play with your hairs, hear you talk, make you laugh and just watch you smile.

But I can't. My little ounce of hope died when you said, "No, not ever again. Stay away."

I wish I could stay away from you.

Physically I can control, but tell me how do I control my memories, my dreams, my talks, my heart and my own mind that keeps betraying me and keeps on going back to you?

Letting you go hurts, but what hurts more than is holding on to your memories.

What went wrong, Alisha?

- - -