20 Days Of | Addiction

"I'm watching you sleep and you look so peaceful with your head on my lap, a beautiful smile on your face. I hate to do this- I can't. Just remember that...it is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world. I love you, I love you so much. But please hate me... it'll be easier."

- - - 

Day 14

Addiction

The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance or activity.

I know, you abandoning me shouldn't be compared to that. But I can't help it.

You see someone. With time you start to like them, then there is series of dates, talks, fights, kisses, jealousy and emotions like rollercoaster ride that keep on getting high. You get addicted to that person.

I understand addiction now. Everyday, I keep on telling myself I won't watch your pictures, I won't  see you in school, your sad face won't affect me and that I'm moving on.

You know what? It's all a lie.

Because my screen saver is still a picture of you, with candy floss in your both hands. Still my reason of going to school is you. There is an ache inside me to wrap you in my arms when you look gloomy and messed up.

I know this won't end well. Anything related to you. There won't be happy ending.

I want to run away from this place, where your memory exists. I will run away to somewhere. I couldn't be lured back to you from that place. If I stay, I'll become intolerable, angry and resentful.

I'll leave...maybe tomorrow.

I'll quit thinking about you, tomorrow.

Today? I need to find out why there's a sad frown embracing your lips.

I will ask you, one last time baby.

That's all I need.

This is last time.

And that's why I understand addiction now.

- - -

Here's a huge shout out to my favourite short story so far, "Z"

You guys need to read it. It's like amazing and all synonyms of marvelous.

I just wanna thank iwearheelys for writing it. An author like you, is what this world needs 😍

P.s - I changed the title and timeline of this book, bc I'll be going to hiatus soon, so I kinda want to finish this book soon 😅