Chapter 5; A Faint Heartbeat

Chapter 5: (edited)

I walked down the road. It was raining heavily. I stopped, looking up to the dark grey skies. I Lost my path a while ago. Now I know not where I stand at the moment. Funny right?

The rain fell upon my face, as it covered the tears rolling out of my eyes. But that doesn't mean I couldn't feel them. Every tear was painful.

After a while, I caught my direction again and headed home, as flashbacks from earlier came rushing back. Is this what pain feels like? Is this what it feels like to be rejected? I don't want it anymore.

My keys jingled as I opened the door. I stepped in, soaking wet and cold. Shutting the door I heard mothers faint voice from the bedroom.

I walked to her room, forcing a smile upon my Face. I wouldn't want my Mother to feel pain, because of me. But I couldn't keep up my facade, she had already seen right through it the moment I stepped in the room.

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" she questioned in her. Calm soothing voice.

I smiled as tears rolled out my eyes. I didn't want to breakdown, but I couldn't hold it in. So that's what I did. I cried.

I placed my face on her lap as I cried into it. My muffled Cries, quieted down but the tears increased. Mom pat my head soothingly and hushed me. It fell nice, but I was in too much pain to realize.

"Honey, what's the matter?" she asked a glint of pain in her eyes.

"Momma, he Rejected me. He did it so badly" I began crying again at my last words.

"Who Rejected you honey? Why? " she asked in hurt.

A lump made its way to My throat and I was thirsty and my heart kept clenching in pain.

"My mate momma, he Rejected me and said I seduced him. I didn't know Lilly was mated to him at all, and he made it seem as if I did all this on purpose" I hiccuped. "And what's worse of all momma, he took it. He took it away from me." I said and broke down again. "Please don't be mad at me momma" I said as I took in her expression.

"Oh honey I'm not mad just disappointed, and that's not it, I'm angry at how such a person could ever exist. But no worries baby, we have each other. We don't need anyone else. " she said and I agree. She's right. People are just the main cause of pain. The main cause of suffering.

And I won't allow myself to suffer anymore." Now, what are you going to do about it? " she questioned me. I looked at her confused.

"About what?" I questioned in misunderstanding.

"What are you going to do about your pregnancy? " she asked

"What pregnancy?" I questioned.

"Oh you don't know, you're pregnant, and I can hear the faint heart beat, can't you?" right then I heard it. How could I have missed it? How could have I not felt it?

"Mom, I don't want him to know! I don't want my baby to go through the same thing I went trough." I pleaded. Mom lifted her frail hands shakily and touched my face.

"Don't worry, you can just cover it up with perfume, but it will be hard to hide it forever buy the last 2 months of your pregnancy I will send you away, and you will come back after the baby is born, then we'll keep her hidden. Away from your mate away from the bad people if this world." Mom promised I nodded and we spoke a little more truing to make myself forget about today.

After a few hours of talking mom fell asleep, and I, I went to my room, and lied down trying to get some rest. But all I could do was stare at the ceiling. I put my hand on my belly and let out a sigh. I thought about what would become if my baby and I, and rest assured I asleep listening to its faint and slow heartbeat, that brought me peace.

****************

Finally completed! Chapter 4!how was it? Did you enjoy it?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama ✌