Chapter 15; The Runaway Mate Part 1

Chapter 15:

I looked ahead of me, the wind blew towards me, my hair flying in different directions. This is it. I looked at my new apartment, as my furniture was being put in, by the moving people.

My New life starts here.

It want long before they left and I had the apartment to myself. To be honest, it wasn't all that grand, but it was just right. Enough for me and my child.

I walked to the one bedroom on the one side of the small hall and entered, flowing on the new comfortable bed I had bought.

I layer to my side, waiting for phone calls from various places. I had already applied for a few jobs at restaurants, bars and a local bakery, now all that's left is for me to wait to get an interview.

I sighed standing up, walking towards out the door, and into the streets. I smiled as the bright sun touched my skin. Not watching where I was going I bumped into someone. Looking up, I saw a man, who looked worried.

"Are you okay madam?" he asked in a thick French accent. I slowly nodded, pulling away from him.

"I'm perfectly fine, just a little clumsy and spaced out." I smiled, he looked at me curiously. Was there something on my face?

"I haven't seen you around this side of town before, are you the new lady who moved into the neighborhood? " he asked curiously. I nodded, I guess I was already the new talk of the neighborhood.

" We don't get a lot people moving in around here, the say it's Vampire and Werewolf infected, but that's not true, they're myths." he chuckled, I chuckled fake lyrics with him. If only he knew.

"Righhhhht. So who are you, I never caught your name." I said changing the subject.

He looked at me and smiled, "Forgive my manners, pardón, my name is Alex Montezuma. Sorry, and you are?" he questioned.

"My name is Colleen, Colleen Anderson." he nodded

"I guess you're American, based on your accent?" he asked. I nodded.

"Yes, I am, I just recently moved here, because my 'boyfriend' and I had a lot of things going on, and we needed space." I lied. If only Reese was my boyfriend and we were having space. But this was permanent, no hoping to go back.

"Are you pregnant Colleen, or are you like this." he noticed the small baby bump on my tummy.

"Yes, I happen to be, almost 3 weeks pregnant." I smiled.

"Does he know? Your boyfriend I mean, does he know you're carrying hid child?" he asked concerned. I shook my head. "But don't you think that's bad considering, if he finds out he's going to take them away from you." he said.

"he won't, I'm gone and he won't find me." I said honestly. He wasn't ever going to find me.

"If I was your boyfriend and you kept this hidden from me, I'd honestly hate you. But perhaps he did something for you to keep quiet." I stared at him.

"I don't think that's any of your business. But even if there was a reason, I don't think I can ever forgive him." I said. And it's true. I'm too hurt by him to actually forgive him.

"The most difficult thing is forgiving someone who hurt you, I see. Anyway, Colleen would you like to join me for dinner? And I think since you're new you're looking for a job, am I right?" he asked.

"Yes, how'd you know?" I asked.

"Because I'm the owner of the restaurant you called looking for a job. And I'm willing to give you the job." he smiled perfectly, but not as perfect as Reese.

"really? Thank you." I said smiling. Was luck on my side or what?

"shall we?" he asked putting out his arm. I held it as we walked towards the restaurant.

Reese's POV:

The flight landed an hour ago, as I stood in Frances Airport. This was initially was time to find my mate. Going home towards the flight check, I asked the woman by the stand if they had any information about her. About Colleen.

How they showed me, is my secret. Apparently, she was staying at a hotel a bit close to here. I took a cab, and headed down there. Her scent was Faint, but you could tell she was here.

I walked up to the receptionist as she fixed her shirt, trying to show more cleavage than she already showed.

"Umm, HI, I'm looking for my girlfriend who was here a few days ago. She had booked a room here." I said.

She licked her lips, before speaking. "Can I have her name, handsome" her voice scaring me. I swear it was disgusting.

"Colleen, Colleen Anderson." I said. She typed on the computer as she looked carefully on her screen.

She then turned to me, "She checked out of here this morning, she found an apartment two streets left from here." she said, smiling. Before trailing her hand up my arm.

I kept a blunt face, pulling my hand away, stupid horny human women. I smiled fakely, uttering a thank you. The cab I had ushered earlier waited patiently outside for me. I got in and showed him the address the receptionist had given me.

"Why are you in a rush monsueir?" he questioned me curiously.

"I'm looking for my girlfriend, we had a fight, it was really big, and on the same day she ran away, I found out she was pregnant." I smiled sadly. The taxi driver, huffed out a breath.

"Women, you got to learn to love them. But when you find her, never let her go, cause she is going to be the biggest joy in your life, and she'll give you a bigger joy." he said, astoundingly wisely.

"You don't have to tell me twice." I chuckled nervously as we came into haunts with the two stair apartment. I walked up, and came into contact with the door that had tape saying 'just sold' I could smell her scent lingering strongly around here, but no one was home. I sat patiently on the stairs outside, as I waited for her.

Soon I heard her huff out a breath as she looked tired. She walked up the stairs, only to look at me. She froze. She watched me intently as u stood on my feet.

"Colleen.. " I breathed out. Taking a step forward, she took a step back. And she did the thing I was least expecting. She ran. And not like jog ran, like ran, as if she was trying to get away. I couldn't blame her, I deserve that. And in this moment, I know this is going to be a chase. Soon I was behind her. I wasn't going to let her go.

**********************
Cliffhanger!! He found her!! But how long will he chase her? I think this chapter was a bit longer, don't you think? Was it interesting? What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter??

DO you think Reese should get a chance, or no chance? The vote is up to you!

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama

Don't forget to check my book, To Be The Second.