Chapter 13; Truth Behind The Tears

Chapter 13:

I ran home, quickly opening the door, my hands shaking, my heart beating at a fast pace. Barging into moms room, there Daniel was sitting beside her.

They both startled, jumped a bit. Daniel put a hand in his heart, before taking a deep breath. Soon he looked at me in a confused expression.

"Colleen, what's the matter?" he questioned. I swallowed, panting.

"He's coming for me, mom, I Need to leave!" I said bursting into tears. "He's going to know, mom please!" I said to her, she looked at me, pain in her eyes.

"You will leave and go to France, you'll have to make a living on your own. There there aren't any packs. Everyone lives alone in peace. You'll take care of yourself there. So relax and get ready to leave. Daniel will book a flight this instant." Daniel shocked looked at me in worry.

"Why are you leaving Colleen! You can't I won't let you, I just got you! There's no way I'm letting you go again. No way." he said, he's eyes watering.

"Daniel, I got rejected, and no matter what I can't stay, even if I love the man who rejected me. He is still a part of me, and I carry a part of him." I said honestly. He may have rejected me, but I'll never lie to my feelings, I love him and it hurts so much. I just can't, I can't say goodbye, but I have to.

Daniel growled looking pissed. "What kind of idiot is he.!" he shouted banging the side table.

"You'll meet him in time, but please Daniel.... I beg of you, let me go, I don't want to, please just do me this favor, do it as if you're protecting your little sister!" my heart beat rapidly. Soon a Growl was heard in a distance. Reese was nearing!

Daniel grabbed my hand and put a credit card in. He then pulled me out the house, and into the car as he called a travel agent booking my ticket for right now.

He drove at full speed leaving me in fear. "Daniel slow down a little, please!" I yelled at him, gripping the sides of the seat.

He then drove a bit slower, "don't stress the baby." he smiled. An hour later we reached the airport. I was dragged by Daniel to my terminal. Soon I was boarding the plane.

"COLLEEN!" I could hear Reese's Growl. But it was too late. I was gone. I left. My heart clenched as I closed my eyes and let the tears stream.

I sobbed into my hand. I was leaving everything behind, all because of a simple rejection. Why does it seem so stupid when I think about it. This was goodbye. But I can't say goodbye, because I love him.

I love him?

Reese's POV: (finally!!)

She was gone in an instant. I let her slip through my fingers. I let my mate go. And I didn't even tell her why.

I rushed to her house, and walked in, to enter her mom's bedroom. Edna looked at me with a pained expression. And held her chest. "I'm sorry, I could not stop her."

Right then it felt like piece of me was missing. A half of me. As if my soul was gone. "Why did you let her go Edna! Why would you! You know why I had to reject her! Why would you." I asked, right then my eyes were stinging with tears. It hurt a lot. If it was inside of a dream and these feeling aren't true, I'd wish to wake up. I wish to wake up now. But it's reality. It's life now. It's happened. And it happened so fast.

"Reese, you have to get her back! Bring my baby back." Edna cried. "I don't want her to go." I embraced her as she cried in my chest.

"How am I supposed to find her? I don't even know where she went." I reasoned.

"France, go to France she's there, but you have to suffer a little to find her, show her you do love, explain to her, explain why you rejected her, explain to her about my husbands threats against you. Tell her." she said.

I Stood up and turned, only to be punched square in the jaw, I fell to the ground as I saw an angry man. Who the hell is he?! "Why did you reject my sister!" so he's the brother. Daniel.

"DANIEL!" Edna yelled as he punched me once again.

"HOW COULD YOU GET HER PREGNANT THEN REJECT HER! " right then he covered his mouth with his hand, as if saying something he want meant to say. But everything froze.

Pregnant?

"Pregnant? Colleen's pregnant?" I turned to Edna, only to see her guilty eyes. She looked away. My mate was pregnant and I didn't even realize it. She was carrying a part of me. So all the tiredness, all the puking, all the emotional breakdown was because she was pregnant.

And what hurts most is she was in pain, along with my child. I could've hurt her. I could've killed my own child. She was suppressing her feelings, she was breaking on the inside. But stood strong.

"Edna why didn't you tell me?" I questioned her. She simply looked at me with tears eyes, but tears were already rolling out my eyes. I was going to be a father. And I didn't even know. Damn It hurts...

"I wanted to tell you Reese, but she was absolutely devastated after you rejected her and made me promise I wouldn't say anything. But you can bring them back, earn her forgiveness." she said.

I banged my hand in the ground. "That stupid mate of yours and his threats! If only I didn't, If didn't reject her, she'd..." I broke down, and spoke through sobs.

"Reese don't beat yourself up, you thought you were doing the right thing, now go get her." and that's exactly what I'll do, I'll get my mate back. And no threat is going to stop me.

********************

Oooohhhhh! What. Was. That? My my! There was a reason! Colleen's gone, and reese found out his going to be a father! Oh my, oh my! But the question is will he find her?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama

Don't forget to check out my book To Be The Second