Going steady

Hey guys, sorry for the slow update, I've been really busy with school and sports, but I'm gonna try to keep publishing chapters as much as I can. I already know what is going to happen in the rest of the book, I just need to write it. I don't want to just give you guys undetailed, sloppy chapters, so they just might take a little long.

Remember to vote and comment! Keep reading 'cause I can tell you there's a great ending in store!

Thanks for understanding and stay gold!

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

I woke up to a very bad smell, and Johnny quietly cursing. I got up from the couch that I was now alone on and walked into the kitchen. Johnny had a dish towel in his hand and was waving it at a pan of burning bacon on the stove. He was swearing and getting very frustrated. "Johnny." I laughed. He jumped at me speaking and smiled when he saw me. I laughed and walked up to the stove. I took the pan and put it into the sink. I turned on the water and rinsed out the burnt bacon. "It was a nice thought, but how about we go out to eat." I smiled at him

He gave a half smile at me and chuckled. "Yeah okay. But I get credit for trying!" He pointed at me and snickered. 

I went into the bathroom and changed and he changed in his room. We met back out in the family room, then started walking down the street towards the dingo. When we got there, we had a nice, big breakfast and Johnny told me how he was gonna start looking for a job. We both had a real nice time. I told him I was dreading school, but I kept to myself my past with school. I was set on being a goodie goodie while starting at this school. School started in two days, the day after the fair, and I wasn't really looking forward to it. Johnny said that the school was fine if you stayed away from all the socs, but the track team was filled to the brim with socs. But Pony and Johnny were fast, so I was sure they were gonna make it. Johnny told me that I should try out for cheerleading and I could go to all the meets with them, but I didn't really know about trying out for a sport basically run by soc girls.  

After, we decided to go over to the Curtis's, so we paid our bill and left. It was freezing outside and was getting colder by the day. Johnny wrapped his arm around me, and because he was a little taller than me, I looked up to him. He looked ahead, down the road and I saw him as perfect. His features defined and handsome as always. His brown eyes deep and big and a soft shade of brown. His hair was smoothly slicked back and he had a small smirk on his face. His eyes glanced down at me staring at him for half a second, then he looked back down the road keeping his eyes off me. "What?" He asked coolly.

"Nothing." I giggled softly keeping my eyes on his face.

He glance down at me again, and his smirk turned into a smile. "Why you lookin' at me?"

He smiled brightly and I couldn't help but swoon over him for a second. I opened my mouth to say somethin' real sweet, but I was interupted by someone yelling my name. I turned to see the last person I wanted to see. It was Mason. I swallowed hard and I could feel all the blood drain from my face. Johnny turned to see him too. "Isn't that the guy you was gonna go to the fair with?" He asked calmly.

I walked a little faster and looked back ahead. I couldn't stand that Johnny didn't know what Mason did. "Yeah. but then I heard of what a lowlife he was." I said quickly, pulling Johnny along. "C'mon, let's go and maybe he'll leave us alone."