The night before Christmas-pt. 1

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

"Damn it Pony you'll wake 'em up." A voice hissed out from a few feet away from me.

My eyes were shut tight and I felt as if I could fall right back asleep any given moment. "Shut your trap Two!" An all too familiar voice brought me back. 

I was now awake, but I kept my eyes closed to see what they would do. From what I could tell, Ponyboy and Two-bit snuck into my room to spy on me and Johnny. It's been about six days since me and Liam put the lights up and Johnny snuck in through my window. It was Friday December 24th--Christmas eve. Johnny has slept over every night for the past several days, and he slept over last night and will probably sleep over tonight too. Me and Johnny have talked a lot in the past few days. Not even about important things, just, talking. He's easy t talk to and he is a very good listener. 

Suddenly, I felt someone plop down on the bed. I opened my eyes and Two-Bit had thrown Pony on the bed. "C'mon Two-Bit!" Pony whined as he sat up. "You blew our cover ya dope!"

"Y'all never had a cover in the first place!" I teased as I sat up.

Johnny groaned and rolled onto his back from his stomach. "What are you two doing in here?" He asked sleepily. 

"Being pests." I answered.

"That sounds about right." Two-Bit chuckled. 

There was a silence, then Pony threw up his arms. "Gosh guys, it's Christmas eve for pete's sake! Get up, be excited!"

My eyes widened. "What time is it?" I gasped.

"Quarter 'till eleven." Pony replied more as a question. "Why?"

"Oh crap! I have to meet Dally for shopping at eleven in town!" I hopped out of bed forgetting I was still in my underwear and a t-shirt. 

"Sophie!" Johnny stammered.

Two-Bit and Pony chuckled. "I think we'd better be going." Two-Bit laughed as he jogged out of the room, taking a long look back at me, then smiling with content. 

Pony followed hurriedly behind him, and shut the door as he left. I slipped on some pants and a long sleeve shirt. I grabbed a knitted hat that I pulled over my ears and glanced back at Johnny who was laying in bed watching me. "Take a picture," I giggled. "It'll last longer." 

"Why would I want a picture when I could just have you?" He replied coolly. 

I cocked an eyebrow at him and he smiled devilishly. I flashed him a smile and waved goodbye. I ran out the door and down the street. I tried hitchhiking, but no one was on the road. I eventually started to walk because I got tired. It was pretty cold out, but I have gotten used to it being cold now. 

Dally was in front of a store window looking in when I found him. He was so focused on what he was looking at, he didn't even notice me walking up. "Hey Dal'."

He glanced at me and smiled. "'Bout time you made it over here." His expression was light and happy. 

"I overslept." I smiled. 

"Hmm." 

His eyes wandered back into the store window. I looked over into the window and saw it wasn't a store at all. It was a realtor's office. In the display window was pictures of houses in Tulsa. Big houses on the west side and smaller, more humble houses on the east. "Dal' I know you can't afford no house for us, you don't gotta beat yourself up about it." I pressed my lips together as his cheeks twitched upward and his eyes squinted.