The Framed Girl

A/N

Hey guys, just wanna let you know that I started writing Outsider imagines, so go and read those while you're waiting for the next chapter to come out!

Love you guys!

LIAM'S P.O.V.

I ached all over. My whole entire body stung with pain. My mind was clouded and I couldn't really grasp onto one thought. I remember walking, and knives, and blood. Whose blood, though? Was it my blood? What happened? I opened my eyes.

SOPHIE'S P.O.V.

After Liam stumbled in all beat up when we were having Christmas dinner, We laid him down on the couch and looked him over. It looked like he had been jumped. Cut up real bad; Switchblade cuts. Darry did all the stitches while he was still asleep. He was amazed he didn't wake up, but it was a good thing he didn't. We thought about taking him to the hospital, but Darry said he could fix everything up without his family having to spend a bunch of money on the doctors. Darry cleaned the cuts and wrapped them up. I washed his hair and face so it wasn't bloody anymore.

Once he was mostly cleaned up, it was almost one in the morning. Two-Bit and Steve and Johnny went home and Pony, Darry and Soda went to bed. Dally sat silently in the arm chair across the room while I sat next to Liam who laid on the couch asleep. It was cold and windy outside. The wind whistled against the house causing the house to creak and settle. Liam began to stir, and I leaned foward.

His eyes shot open and took me by surprise. I moved back a little, startled, but then moved foward again close to him. I picked up the cool wash cloth that I had in a bowl of water next to me and rung it out. I placed it on his forehead and whispered. "How ya feeling Liam?" I heard Dally shift, probably to get a good look at Liam. Liam groaned and rubbed his arm where a large gash was. "Don't rub on the wrapping." I moved his hand away from the wrap Darry put it in.

"Sophie?" He whispered.

"Yeah it's me Liam."

"Sophie it was Mason." He opened his eyes slightly to see me.

Dally got up from his seat. "Mason's still in town?!" He yelled.

"Hush up Dally, you'll wake up the whole neighborhood." I hissed.

"He-he did it to send a message." Liam coughed. "To you Dally." Dally froze and looked over to him, awaiting an explanation. "I guess he'd seen us hanging out together, knew we were buddies."

"What did he say? What is the message?" Dally approached him.

Liam lifted his head up a little to speak directly to Dally. "He said he was coming for you Dallas. He said he was gonna kill you for what you've done. He said you'd know what that means."

Dally's face went hard and his eyes looked worried. "I'm gonna kill him." Dally murmured.

Liam coughed again, plopping his head back down on the pillow. "Don't do anything stupid Dallas." I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked at me with worry and something I don't see a lot in his eyes: fear. My face softened. "You should get some sleep Dally, I'll stay up with Liam."

"You don't need to stay up with me, I'm just gonna get some more rest." Liam croaked.

"I'll get some rest too then." I said.

I went over to the other couch and laid down. Dally turned off the light and I listened as his heavy footsteps walked over to the armchair and he sat down. Before I could even get comfortable, I could hear Dally's breathing get heavy and even. He was exhausted and I knew it. I also knew that if I had asked him, he would have stayed up for days. The fire that Johnny had been poking and prodding all day was now just hot embers lying in the ash. The smell of Darry's chicken and Sodapop's dinner still lingered fresh in the air and helped put me to sleep. I was more tired than I let myself believe. I always have to do something or there is always a problem to attend to, I'm always tired, I just don't let myself act like I'm tired--And most of the time I don't feel it. But when I do sleep I sleep hard, and I slept hard that night.