Chapter 8

Bri POV
The next day..
I was laying on my bed in my room. DJ walked in smiling.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked giggling.

"Remember how we got on the Ferris wheel yesterday at the park?" She said.

"Yea?" I replied.

"Well me and Kevin kissed on the ride. The dude working the ride had to clear his throat for us to notice we were at the bottom." She stated blushing.

"Ohhh, nice I just sat with my head on Dev's shoulder." I said.

"Do you like him?" She asked smirking.

"He is fine and has eyes that are gorgeous. But I don't think he is into me." I gushed thinking of Devin.

"Oh trust me he's feeling you. He told me yesterday that he liked you." She said.

My mouth opened, "Really?"

"Yea, we talked about it when we were sitting out during the first ride." She said plainly.

I can't believe he likes me! Wait I can let him think it's that easy to get me. And we like just met.

DJ got up and walked out of the room. I listened to music and checked my snapchat and Insta. My phone vibrated, I looked and saw I got a text from Devin.

Dev🙄: hey
Me: hey
Dev🙄: you guys want to hang wit us at the bball court?
Me: sure
Dev🙄: ok see ya in a few..
Me: k

I walked into the hallway and shouted, "Y'all want to go play basketball with the boys?"

"Yeah!" They replied.

"Then get dressed!" I shouted.

I went in my room and put on a black sports bra with a white nike muscle tee and black basketball shorts.

Once I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my black roshes I went downstairs with my phone. I sat at the table in the kitchen waiting on the girls.

They walked in the kitchen ready to go we all walked out the door and locked it. The court was down the street so we were going to walk.

We saw the boys shooting around on the court. When they saw us they all turned and waved.

"So you guys want to play a little 3 on 3?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, first to 21 wins!" DJ said.

I had Devin, NeNe had Daniel and DJ had Kevin. They gave us the ball first. DJ took it out and passed it to NeNe and she passed it to me. I crossed Devin up and shot a 3. Swish!

"Dang Dev you just got your ankles broke!" Kevin shouted.

We all laughed and I smirked. Dev looked a little annoyed. They took the ball out and Daniel faked out NeNe and made a backwards layup. 'Show-off', I thought.

We kept scoring back to back. We were all sweaty and breathing hard. The score was 17-19. We were winning.

They took the ball out and Devin tried to cross me up and instead tripped on my leg.
We both fell to the ground and he dropped the basketball.