Chapter 13

DJ POV
We all just walked out of laser tag, headed for rock climbing. Dev and Bri are official! I have to admit I'm a little nervous for rock climbing. Once we got to that part of the building I noticed how high up the walls were. If you didn't pay attention before I'm afraid of heights soo.. Yeah😁.

Kevin noticed that I looked nervous and pulled me to the side.

"Ik your afraid of heights, if you don't want to climb I'll stay with you" he suggested.

"No I'm good." I replied.

"Alright, but if you need me I'm here." He said.

I'm glad Kevin has my back, I mean the girls do too but...😉. We all went and got our shoes and put them on. Once we were done we went to get our harnesses. I grabbed mine and pulled it up my legs. I was struggling to tighten it.

"Here." Kevin said pulling the straps for me.

"Thanks." I said blushing.

We all found sections of the wall close to each other that we wanted to climb. Bri started a race to see who could get to the top first. I started climbing I was in 2nd I got pretty far. But then I looked down and noticed how high I was. Whoa!

I stopped and my legs started to shake a little. Kevin stopped and grabbed one of my hands.

"Hey look at me DJ." He said softly

I looked up and into his eyes. I did not think I went that high!

"Do you want to go down?" He asked.

I nodded. He pushed off the wall and put his hands around my waist. We kicked our legs to push off the wall until we reached the mat. When we got to the bottom Kev lost his balance and we fell. At least he broke my fall... Oops😁.

"Sorry!" I said turning to face him.

He smiled, "it's alright lil ma."

He realized the position we were in and started to lean in. I closed the gap and kissed him. I felt something weird in my stomach like a spark. He pulled away even though he looked like he didn't want to stop.

I rolled off him and he jumped up. He reached his hand out to help me up. I grabbed it and got up.

"Thanks for helping me." I said.

"No prob." He answered.

I saw that the others had started climbing again. It looks so fun, I'm just going to have to face my fear today. I walked back to the wall I started on. I started climbing again and kept saying to myself 'don't look down'. I looked up and rang the bell. Yes!

Kevin looked up and said, "nice DJ!"

I smiled and started going down. It's actually pretty fun going down I kicked off the wall. Once I was back on the ground we all decided to have a race with everyone this time.

"Ready, Set, Go!" Daniel yelled.

I climbed as fast I could with Bri trailing behind me. Devin was close behind her, with Kevin trailing him. I gave one last push and rang the bell with Bri ringing hers right after me.

"Man I was so close!" Bri whined.

Everyone laughed. We all climbed down and decided to go bowl. Once our harnesses were off we headed to the bowling lanes. Kevin intertwined our hands and smiled at me while we were walking. I looked down and blushed. I wonder if Kevin likes me back?
*********************