Chapter 12

Bri POV

1 New Message
devin😘😜: y'all want to go to main event with us?

I was sitting on the couch watching tv with DJ. NeNe was up in her room sleep. I noticed the message and saw DJ get the same message. They must have made a group chat.

DJ🙄👯: yass
NeNe💋👑: sure
Me: y not?👌🏾
Thug Jesus🙏🏽: ayy its gon be lit!
Dani🤓😈: we comin to get ya @3:00
NeNe: aight😉
devin😘😜: c ya👋🏾

"Im about to get ready, idk about yall." Nene shouted from upstairs.

"Same!" I answered.

I looked at my phone its 1:30 we have 2 and a half hours to get ready. I walked up stairs and into my bathroom. I turned my shower on and went to get some underwear. I put my glasses on my sink and got undressed. I got in the shower and washed my body and hair. When I was done I stepped out and turned the shower off. I wrapped my towel around my body and walked into my room to find an outfit.

I grabbed my adidas cropped sweatshirt and adidas joggers. I closed my bedroom door and then dried myself off. Once I was dressed I went into my bathroom and plugged my hair dryer and flat irons. I took out my makeup and started putting it on.

"Hey, can I use your blow-dryer?" DJ asked.

"Sure. But dry your hair in here." I said.

"Ok. " she agreed.

She turned the blow dryer on and started drying her hair.  When I finished putting my makeup on I walked to see what Nene was doing. She was doing her make up when I walked in. She had on grey and black nike joggers with a black crop top that said morning.

"You excited?" I asked.

"Yea, sounds lit!" Nene stated.

"Ikr, I can officially say that im feelin Dev." I said blushing.

"I knew it! The way you guys were eating each others faces off yesterday shows that you like each other." Nene said laughing.

I blushed saying, "Whatever. Well I need to go check on DJ."

I walked back to my room and saw DJ using my flat irons. Oh well I don't need it yet. I grabbed my blow-dryer and dried my hair. When DJ finished I straightened my hair and then parted it down the middle. DJ parted hers on the side making her usual bang. She was wearing a shirt that said 'Weirdo' with the definition of the word on it and black ripped skinny jeans. I grabbed my adidas allstars and DJ already had her black high-top Vans on.

"Ay we lookin smoochie!" I said.

We walked downstairs and went back to watching tv. It was 2:45 and Nene had just walked down the stairs. She had her white huaraches in her hand. Her hair was half up, half down with a bun at the top.

A few minutes later the boys arrived and we got in the car.

"Y'all ready to get lit?" Daniel asked.

"Yea!" We yelled.

We listened to the radio on they way there. Hanging fun singing along to the songs. After a few songs Devin pulled up to Main Event.

We all jumped out the car. Devin came to me and intertwined our hands and we started walking. Kev and Daniel did the same with DJ and NeNe.

Once we were inside the boys payed for our admission bands.

"What do you guys want to do first?" Kevin asked.

"Let's play laser tag first!" DJ exclaimed.

We all nodded our headset waited in line for the next game to start. While we were waiting we talked about anything and everything. Soon the people from the last game walked out the arena. The lady working the attraction opened the door and let us in.

"Ok guys, grab a vest, put it on and tighten it if you need to." She stated.

We all had our vests on with our guns in hand waiting for the lady next instruction. It was us 6 and a few other kids.

"There are 2 teams, the red team and the blue team. Red on the left and blue on the right." She said.

NeNe smirked and said, "Boys vs. Girls, we call blue!"

"Ok don't get mad if y'all get beat!" Daniel said.

We all just rolled our eyes. The lady told us to look at the TV screen in the room. It was a video to tell us the rules. Why do they always have to be so long and boring!

When it was done the lady came and lit up all of our vests with our team colors.

"Blue team base is by theses doors, red is on the other side. Enjoy your game head on in" the lady explained.

I ran in headed straight up the stairs. The narrator to the game started talking and the arena lit up with the glow in the dark stuff. I started picking people off from my spot and hiding when someone looked to see who shot them.

"Blue team is in the lead." The narrator said.

I ran to the other side and started shooting the red base.

"Red your base is under attack!" The narrator said.

I saw that the other people started shooting the base so I headed to my original spot. On the way there someone grabbed me by my waist.

"Gotcha!" A boy said.

That voice sounds familiar. It's Devin! He turned me so I was facing him and kissed me. I pulled away when I was out of breath our foreheads touching. I looked down to see he had his gun aimed at me with his finger pulling the trigger the whole time. That sneaky little...I should've saw that coming.

He smirked at me and then said, "I know this isn't the right way to do this but... Bri ik we haven't known each other long but your the most beautiful girl I have ever met. And I feel like if you were with someone else my world would fall apart. So I was wondering would you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" I answered jumping in his arms and kissing him.

"GAME OVER!" The narrator said.

We broke away and laughed. He grabbed my hand and we walked to the room we started in. I can't believe he asked me out!
***********************************