Chapter 17- Just Me and You

Chapter Seventeen- Just You and Me.

Author's Note- I hope you like this chapter, guys! Thanks for the votes, follows and comments! More soon ❤

*****

Ten days.

I could hardly believe it as I counted on my fingers, once, twice, three times, just to make sure. It had been ten days since my fight with Shelley, and she was still pretending I didn't exist.

The girl is acting too brand new for my liking.

Or in Janessa's words, "She's ghosting you, bro."

"Call me bro one more time," I threatened her, waving my forkful of potato salad at her. Obviously, I wouldn't waste food by tossing it at her, but she didn't have to know that.

Shrugging disinterestedly, Janessa moved food around on her plate. "I don't understand why you just won't talk to her."

"She's the one who called me dumb and delusional. And she's the one who said she didn't want to talk to me until I smartened up." I glowered across the cafeteria towards where Shelley and Brandon were eating lunch with Vince. She didn't even have lunch with me anymore. Heartless biddy. In fact, Janessa and Brandon were actually taking turns eating lunch with us because being near me apparently gave Shelley hives or something. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

I probably sounded like a broken record at this point. Although Janessa and Brandon knew that I hadn't instigated the epic (I use the word epic extremely loosely) Shelley lecture, every time it was talked about, I went on the defensive.

She had no right!

Scoffing, Janessa said, "Apart from being all over Tyler like a rash." She paused as my cheeks heated up as visions of my last kiss with Tyler suddenly invaded my mind. Be still, treacherous brain. While I was thanking my lucky stars that I couldn't blush(Janessa would never let me live that down), Janessa added, "But to be honest, I would be all over Tyler too. I don't even like jocks, but he's fine."

"In case you haven't noticed, Tyler and I are trying to sell this fakelationship to the world at large," I whispered fiercely to her, even though I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince Janessa or myself.

Raising her eyebrows, a sardonic light in her eyes, Janessa said, "Even to me and Bran? Unless you haven't told Bran the full story about your relationship, there was no reason for y'all to be making out at his house like that." Her lips turned up into an unnerving grin that I didn't like one bit. "Unless..."

"Don't say anything, Nessa."

Giggling in a typical Janessa fashion, she asked, "Are you two falling for each other?"

"What?" My mouth dropped open as I feigned shock, even though I knew that she was going to say something like that. The audacity of her, asking if I'm falling for Tyler! I mean, sure, he was cute, had a hot body, was really charming, great with my kid sister, possessed a sexy smile, uber talented kisser... Clearing my suddenly dry throat, I managed to croak, "Absolutely not."

Janessa fixed me with a look. "Mmhmm." Oh, here we go. "See, let me tell you what you ain't gonna do. What you ain't gonna do is get your heart broken by Tyler because you fell prey to the fall in love with your fake boyfriend curse." I opened my mouth to protest, spluttering with indignation, but Janessa waved her hand in my face dismissively and kept on telling me what I wasn't gonna do. "What you ain't gonna do is drag me into your Dr. Phil therapy sessions with Bran." I pouted, glowering at her as she gained steam in her tirade. "And what you definitely ain't gonna do is make me watch The Notebook. But if you do end up with Tyler like I predict, let me be the first to know, because I won't let Bran win."