Chapter 31- Kaylee, You in Danger, Girl

Chapter Thirty-One- Kaylee, You in Danger, Girl.

I barely left my room on Saturday, and my parents didn't question it. It was hard enough telling them Tyler and I had broken up and dealing with their sympathetic murmurs and attempts to cheer me up by bringing me cheesecake and cookies (store bought cookies, to boot).

Am I that predictable?

I didn't want them to treat me like fragile goods for the rest of the weekend, and I definitely didn't want to hear Aunt Vivienne's take on the situation, so I gathered a treasure trove of unhealthy snacks to my room and binge watched Once Upon a Time on my laptop.

Tyler was constantly on my mind, and come Sunday afternoon, I had obsessively replayed the last conversation we'd had endless times.

It doesn't change anything.

Yup, that's what I kept telling myself. At the end of the day, Tyler would end up with pretty, proper, perfect Celeste, and I would end up the laughing stock of Sao Marino High, once everyone found out how desperate I was.

You probably already are the laughing stock; you just haven't checked your texts or social media yet.

But despite trying to tell myself that I was doing the right thing, Tyler's expression when he was leaving was stuck in my mind with super glue. He had looked so sad as he told me it was my move. I was so conflicted with my feelings. The time we had spent together had been completely unexpected because we actually had shared a connection. And yet, he hadn't even tried to explain why he'd been spending so much time with Celeste. If he wasn't fake dating me to get back with her, then why was he being so secretive about the reason he was hanging with her? He had seemed so adamant that he didn't want to be with Celeste anymore, which didn't make sense because the whole point of us getting together was for that reason. And if he wasn't fake dating me to get back with Celeste, why had he put up such a hostile fight when I had approached him with the faux dating plan in the first place?

Boys are confusing.

And you're an idiot, Kaylee.

Point noted.

I ignored all calls the whole weekend, just chilling and having my solo pity party until Shelley, Brandon and Janessa came barging into my room on Sunday afternoon, startling the hell out of me while I was in the middle of a riveting episode of Totally Spies.

What the...

"I called and texted you, like, a billion times!" Shelley exclaimed as she basically kicked down my door. I squealed in surprise, my eyes huge as she stormed into my room, her brown eyes flashing. "Don't you ever check your texts?" From the corner of my eyes, I saw Brandon and Janessa troop in, Janessa closing the door behind her. Shelley wagged an accusing finger in my face. "I could have been dying!"

Shrinking back until the back of my head hit the headboard (Shelley had long nails and I valued my eyesight) I muttered, "Unless you're a ghost haunting me right now, I don't care."

"We got you ice-cream," Brandon announced, holding out a tub of Ben and Jerry's towards me.

Grunting something unintelligible, Janessa pushed past Shelley and sank down on the unoccupied side of my bed, burrowing her way into my comforter. "I already wallowed," I muttered confusedly, as Janessa stretched out beside me and made herself comfortable.

Shoot. I said wallow. Wrong choice of words!

"Okay, so I'll just launch into my Dr. Phil bit." An excited gleam in his eyes, Brandon perched on the corner of my dresser and cleared his throat. "A-rootly toot toot and what in the hootenanny is going on here?" he started in an imitation of Dr. Phil that was so atrocious that Shelley, Janessa and I gave him matching side eyes. "Oh, my goodness, am I rusty. I haven't practised in ages- can you guys get dumped or dump guys more often?"