Chapter 18- If Only I Had a Brain

Author's Note- Thank you for the votes, follows, comments and views! I appreciate the love!

*****

Chapter Eighteen- If Only I Had a Brain.

As soon as I woke up the next morning, feeling unrested and belligerent due to tossing and turning all night, I knew it was going to be a trash day. I didn't even bother checking my horoscope because I was sure it would call me out for being a complete simpleton about what had happened yesterday between Tyler and I.

And it wouldn't be lying.

My hair wouldn't cooperate (I washed it last night and didn't moisturize, so I had major shrinkage going on) and I ended up pushing it back with a headband and calling it a day. Life was already working on my last nerve as I stomped to the kitchen, only to find Aunt Vivienne holding court with a Starbucks in her hand (surprise) and Marc industriously taking apart Arielle's train tracks.

The last person I want to see when I feel like crap…

I wasn't even sure why I felt like crap. There was just a diffuse feeling of guilt and anxiety floating through me that made me feel uncomfortable. I hated it.

"So I Googled it," Aunt Vivienne blurted out as I poured myself a bowl of cereal, glaring at my precious, broken waffle maker. A waffle for breakfast would have helped with my dour mood.Why hasn't dad bought a new one yet? God knows he spent more than enough money on Amazon already, he couldn't just splurge on a waffle maker for me?

My back was facing Aunt Viv as I rolled my eyes, opening the fridge to grab the milk. I wasn't in the mood for her randomness. "Googled what?"

"The human skeleton. Did you know it's 20% of your body weight?"

Sighing, I allowed myself to be drawn in for a few minutes. At least it would take my mind off Tyler, and that chill in his voice. I sat at the breakfast table, secure in my knowledge that Dad would come whistling into the kitchen any second now to drive me to school. And talking to a sober Aunt Viv wasn't something I did everyday. "Okay. So…?"

Aunt Vivienne flipped her hair over her shoulder as she took a sip of her coffee. Or is it coffee? From this conversation we were having, I couldn't be sure anymore.

"So that means without that, I only weigh about 80 pounds or something like that," she said matter-of-factly.

There's definitely some coffee based liquor in that cup.

I couldn't stop the confusion from playing out on my face. I felt my brows rising as my forehead wrinkled. "Oh," was all I could think of saying.

"I'm just saying that I'm not overweight anymore," Aunt Vivienne shrugged casually, just as dad saved me from having to comment any further on her unexpected weight loss.

She knows damn well she's thin.

"We're dropping Marc off at his kindergarten this morning, Kay-Bear, so we'll be leaving five minutes earlier," he said, giving my hairstyle a side eye.

I shrugged, spooning cereal into my mouth as Marc grabbed his mom's phone and started playing Candy Crush with the volume as loud as possible.Little brat. Glaring at his adorable face, I managed to mumble, "Okay," to dad around a mouthful of cereal.

"Five minutes?" Aunt Vivienne's nostrils flared with outrage as she stared at dad. "His kindergarten is at least a ten-minute drive from my house, Patrick, and I live just around the corner from here."