1- Why?

Your breath became heavier as you continue to dive under trees, your heart was beating a mile a minute as you pushed pass bushes and branches.

Where am I going?

The thought only popped in you mind for a second before you ignore it and kept running.
A vine caught on to your foot, leading you to come to a sudden stop and fall forward. You threw your hands forward to embrace yourself.

"DAMN IT!! WHY?!" You shouted on impact. Tears started coming down from your (E/C) eyes like a waterfall. "WHY!? WHY?!" You yelled as you gasped for air. Your voice begins cracking as you continue to yell, "WHY?! WHY?!" You pushed yourself back so you were sitting on your knee and looked at your bleeding hands that got cut from the bed of thorn vines you sat on. You clinched your hands and held them to your chest as you whispered "W-why couldn't I keep you safe?"

After you cried for what seem to be hours you slowly stood on to your feet. Pain and numbness shot through your legs as you moved because of the way you sat. You moved your hands to the vine that was still caught up in your ankle. You didn't want to hurt your already damage hands more so you grabbed a pocket knife from your bag and cut the vine releasing your leg from its hold.
You put the knife back into your bag and finally rose your head.

Your mind was silent as you look around to take a guess as to where you were at. You were surrounded by tall tree that stood beautifully as their leaves fell from the gush of wind that blew through. Normally, you would admire the scenery, especially since it was late into the afternoon and trees were accompanied by a gorgeous sunset.
But, you shrugged it off.

A little ways off was a small river, you walk over to it to get a drink.
The water filled your mouth and the coldness relax your sore throat. You grab a hand full of water and rinse your face. You look at your reflection, your once sparkling (E/C) eyes now looked hallow. You grabbed a bottle from your bag and filled it up with the river water and continued to walk forward, with no real destination in mind. All you knew was where ever you were going was better than where you been.

Eventually, you pushed branches away from yourself creating a path that lead to a huge opening into what you realize now is a mountain. You recognized the hole immediately. You were on Mt. Ebott.

Sh*t.

You thought. You knew the stories of Mt. Ebott and you didn't like the thought of other people who would wonder up here to chase after some fairytale. Because you didn't like the thought of explaining what you were doing. You didn't want to deal with the questions and more importantly you didn't want to answer them. You walk over to the hole out of curiosity, you looked down to see only darkness but a yellow dot in the center. You stared for a moment then went to move passed the hole only to be tripped on a root of a tree that sent you straight down into the very same darkness you were studying only moments ago.