12- My Sunshine

You woke up feeling well rested, you haven't felt this good in a while. You stood up and tried putting weight on your leg, it hurt a bit but not enough to keep your stubborn self from moving on it. You grabbed your bag that was on the floor and took some of the pills from inside. You started looking around at the layout of the house it seemed pretty simple. Paps' and Sans' rooms upstairs, a kitchen to the right of the stairs and a bathroom hidden underneath the stair case. You decide to make breakfast since Paps and Sans were still asleep. You walk into the kitchen and found only a little bit of ingredients. You looked into the fridge and found multiple containers of spaghetti. You thought back to Toriel pie-

I-i wonder if that sauce is sauce...

You shivered at the thought. You gathered what you could and realized you could make pancakes with what you had. You started mixing the ingredients and started humming a tune unconsciously. Flowey woke up to your humming.
"H-hey, (Y/N) what are you doing?"
"Making pancakes." You said while pouring pancake batter in the pan, turning the heat up just right.
"Sure, but why?" You didn't even think about why, you just did.
"Why not?" You smiled at Flowey and kept humming soon singing softly. You knew Flowey really meant, "Why would you do that with killers upstairs?" But continued cooking away.

♩"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine you make me happy when skys are gray, you'll never no dear how much I love you.
Please, don't take my sunshine away."♩

You'd finished making the pancake and giggled at how sad that song make you but happy at the same time because you would always sing it with your sister. Flowey was just starring at you in awe. You blushed a little and looked away.
"W-what? Was I that bad?" Flowey shook his head back and forth.
"No! It was really g-"
"Good." You turned around quickly to see Sans leaning in the doorway with his hands in his pockets looking at you. You blushed even harder, you almost looked like a tomato.
"H-how long have you been there?"
"Long enough, you have a good voice." You eyes grew super wide.

Did... did he just give me a compliment?

"T-thanks." You turned back to the pancakes and smiled at his words. "I made breakfast, want some?" You smiled very happily at Sans and walk to the living room putting the pancakes and plates on the table. Sans sat at the table not really giving you an answer but you thought that was his way of saying yes. "I'll go get Paps." Sans shrugged and started putting pancakes on his plate. You walk up to Paps' room and knocked on his door.
No answer.
You opened the door and saw Paps sleeping soundly in a red race car bed.

He doesn't look scary anymore. He actually looks cute! Like a little brother, even if he is super tall.

"Paps? Paps? Wake up, I made pancakes." Paps opened his 'eyes', got up, nodded and walked down stairs with you. He look at Sans with wide eyes eating pancakes and looked back at you.
"HUMAN YOU MADE BREAKFAST?"
You giggled.

He must have still been half asleep when I told him.

"Yeah and eat up they're a skele~ ton." You and Sans laugh at your awful joke. Flowey smiled a bit but, Paps just looked annoyed.
"NOT YOU TOO~" He cried as he sat down and ate.
You've learned Sans liked your puns and Paps liked to cook. You felt closer to them in just one morning, you felt your kindness had helped you open them up even if it was just a little.