21- The Truth

"How do you know that name?"
"You said it in your sleep right before you quit breathing." Sans face looked pained when he spoke.

Not like I blame him, if I was on the opposite side of this. I would have been flipping out too.

"So, are you going to tell me what's really going on, the whole truth... or are you going to lie to me again?" The way Sans said that felt like daggers to your heart. You were no good at lying. Just like Hanna, Sans saw right through you.

It's not that I don't trust Sans. I do, and I knew I would have to tell him one day... I just wanted more time. Or maybe that's just an excuse, maybe I just didn't want him to know the true me.

*Deep Breath*

"Hanna is my sister." Sans was muddled, he clearly didn't understand.
"Why didn't you just tell me that? Is that way you're trying to get back to the surface so bad? To be with your family? (Y/N) I might be an lazy asshole, but I would have understood, I got Paps you know?"
"N-no, that's really not it. I- I don't have a family anymore." Sans didn't say a word he didn't have a good feeling of where this was heading.
"Hanna... Hanna was killed by my 'father'."
Sans eyes were sheer black and his confused look was replaced with a face of shock. You continued, "My mother left us when we were exceptionally young, at least that's what my 'father' told me. My 'father' abused us for years. But that clever bastard always made sure he hit us where it couldn't be seen." You clench your teeth at the memories. "Sometimes he would cut us, not too deep to kill us just enough to 'teach us a lesson'." You hold on to your arm where you have multiple scars. Sans eye was now glowing a mix between red and yellow, he was boiling. Sans grabbed your hands, you didn't realize it but you were trembling.
"(Y/N) you don't hav-"
"No, I dont want to hide anything." Sans hesitantly nodded.
"I didn't have enough funds to leave, which would have been no big deal if I didn't have Hanna. If it was just me I would have never gone back and 'father' knew that. That's why everytime I messed up he would punish Hanna. She was... my everything. She showed me the goodness in this world. And because I experienced the harsh reality of what this world could do, I vowed I would show others the kindness my 'father' never gave me." You smiled at Sans, your throat was incredibly dry from stopping yourself from crying multiple times. "After Hanna died I ran, trying to escape reality. I ran and I ran, long story short I fell down a hole and ended up here...
I know you died, but I couldn't do it again when I saw your soul grey... it was like H-Hanna." Your voice faded out, your body had betrayed you and tears were falling upon your (Skin/Tone) face. Sans lightly wipes away your tears, his hands/bones were warm. He smiles softly at you, you recover and continue.
"That leads us to tonight, Hanna contacted me in a dream. My theory is that she had to momentarily interfere with my breathing causing me to... umm... die." Sans jumped off the bed.
"WHAT?! Your sister killed you?!"
You put your finger to your mouth indicating you wanted him to speak softer. "Calm down Sans, she only did it so she could speak to me. Besides..." You return your hands to your lap and look down. "I-I finally got to say goodbye." Sans took a deep breath and returned back to your side. He pulled you into a almost suffocating hug.
"I'm sorry." Sans said in a low deep voice.
"Sans... you have nothi-"
"I'm sorry." Sans repeated. You were at your limit, you held on to Sans and sobbed. You whimpered, whined, sniffled, and finally... let go.
Your breathing started to slow, as you clinched onto Sans t-shirt. Sleep was taking over you, you whispered one last thing before you fell asleep.
"Thank you."