20- Goodbye

After arguing with Sans about sleep arrangements for a hour, you gave up and took Sans bed.

I'm the guest couldn't he just like me sleep on the couch...
But he is really worried about my health, I hope he doesn't feel at falt for my stupidity.

While you are talk to yourself in your head, you slowly fall asleep.

Dream POV
You are in a small meadow were you and Hanna went to when you 'ran away'. You look out into the field of yellow flowers, you giggle at bit realizing they look a bit like Flowey. You freeze when you see a shadow in the distance.

No way... it, it can't be.

You ran full force after the shadow and sure enough-
"Hanna..." You see your little sister sitting there looking at the sunset with a flower crown on her head. She glanced at you and smiled, like she didn't have a care in the world. You lean down hugging her super tight and crying in her shoulder. Softly repeating, "I'm sorry, I-I'm so sorr- I couldn't protect you." Hanna gently pushed you away to looked you in your eyes and smiled.
/It's not your fault!/ She signed, Hanna could talk but... 'father' didn't like her voice. Everytime she would speak, she would get hit. So, she slowly became mute.
"N-no it isn't! If I had been ther- if I have gotten home on time... I could have used m-my magic!" You were still trying to stable your breathing.
/Even so, what would have happened then? Father would know of your magic and we would have been separated. At least this way I can watch over you!/ She winked.
"But... but you didn't have to die!"
...
"Why, why aren't you by my side?" Hanna looked down and paused for a moment.
*sigh*
/(Y/N), you can't keep asking 'why' and 'ifs'. You need to move forward, we had a great adventure now you need to find a new one./ Hanna was smiling super wide.

Hanna looks so... so peaceful. She looks like she has accepted reality, unlike me.

You take a deep breath and smile sadly at Hanna.
"Apart of me was hoping, I was just going to wake up one day and it was just all an awful dream... you being gone. But, if this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is."
Hanna giggled, /You know, I bet that Sans guy would love to have an adventure with you!/
You eyes grow wide and your face explodes red.
"W-what, h-how."
/I'm a kid (Y/N) not stupid./
"I-its not like, I like him..."
/Yeah, right. I see your lying skills are still awful./
You roll your eyes and look at the ground. Hanna started to laugh, a genuine laugh.

She hasn't laugh like that in years.
Yes, we had good times and laughs but never a worry free laugh, like that one.

You smile kindly at your younger sister not wanting the moment to end, but of course. Hanna stood up abruptly, /You have to go now.../
"I love you sister!" You haven't heard Hanna talk in years, her voice was always like an melody to you. You begin crying again, but tears of joy.
"I love you too!" You smile and wave at your sister as she walks away.

Goodbye Hanna.

Normal POV
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Sans was shaking your shoulders, his eyes were pitch black.
You sit up quickly, "Sans? What wrong?!" You look over and see Paps holding Flowey looking at you like they saw a ghost. Sans hesitates but then grabs you and holds you very close and tight, you are a bit flustered. You look at Paps and Flowey for help or maybe a explanation.
"Umm..." You realized Sans is shaking uncontrollably, you pat Sans back lightly. Your starting to get really worried.
"Can you maybe tell me what's going on?"
Paps sighed, "SANS HEARD YOU STIRING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND CHECKED ON YOU. (Y/N) YOU STOpped breathing...we thought, maybe..." Paps voice was getting quieter as he finished his sentence.

Oh dear God. She did not. Hey, next time you want to chat sis try not momentarily killing me. No, wonder I couldn't stick around for long.

"I'm not sure why that happened, but I'm okay now. Truly!" You said mainly to Sans. Sans didn't move an inch. You look over to Paps and Flowey, Paps looked at your confused face that pleaded for help and smirk.
"WELL, I'M GLAD YOUR OKAY HUMAN! I THINK I'M GOING TO TRY TO GET SOME MORE SLEEP." Paps left with Flowey softly saying 'NYEH HEH HEH' as he closed the now fixed door on the way out.
You sign and hug Sans back. "Hey, I'm okay, really."
Sans pulled away from you and looked you right in the eye. "What happened?"
"I'm not su-"
"(Y/N) your an awful lier, I want the truth." Sans pause for a moment then ask a question that literally made your heart skip a beat.
"Who is Hanna?"