Chapter 3

"Luke," I let out shakily and launched towards him placing my head on his chest absorbing his heat. Tears began running down my cheeks and I balled my hands up on his chest. "Luke," I let out angrily, "I hate you. Hate you hate you." I began bawling and hitting his chest lightly.

He just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in closer. "sh sh sh sh, Darlin', you're okay. I'm here now. I'm here," Luke soothed as he pulled away and grabbed my wrists so he could look me in the eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes. They make me melt.

"What's wrong Darlin', please tell me what's wrong," he mumbled as he carefully let go of one of my wrists to wipe some tears from my cheek, "you don't hate me. I know you don't."

I ducked my head, breaking eye contact, "you've no clue, Luke." He didn't say anything, just pulled me back into his chest and let me cry it all out.

As my sobs slowed he continued rubbing soothing circles on my back and swayed up back and forth. I soon pulled away and wiped my cheeks with my hands. "I'm sorry. I'm so freaking stressed right now. I didn't mean to take it out on you... I was... Just... In shock to see you," I told him in a rough voice.

"It's okay Char, I get it. It's been hard without you and Bentley too. There hasn't been a day where I wished I could've been at home with you," he whispered and put some of my hair behind my ear.

"I love you," I informed and looked down and quickly back up. "I'm sorry about your shirt," I added with a little chuckle and small smile.

"I love you too," his soothing voice said back as he leaned in and placed a light kiss on my lips with his soft ones, "How about we get outta here, huh?"

I let out a long sigh and pulled completely out of his grasp, "I-I can't, Luke. It doesn't work that way! I can't just leave whenever I want!"

"I know, that's why I talked to your boss," he replied slyly, "she knows how hard you've been working." He had his beautiful white smile displayed brightly on his face and his brown eyes shined just as bright as the day I met him.

"Are you sure," I asked sniffling, "because I c-can finish up the report that I was doing, then we could go."

Luke smiled his beautiful smile and replied, "No, Darlin' you need a break. We need a little us time. We need to talk."

I sighed. "Fine, but only because I love you, Luke," I said, defeated as Luke came closer to me so our chests were touching and both of our hands were entangled. Luke put his forehead to mine and closed the gap between our lips.

As soon as I opened my eyes I was welcomed by Luke's dark eyes. "Let's get outta here," his smooth silky voice spoke as he pulled away.

"Okay Babe," I mumbled as he began to pull me out of my office by my hand.

Once we got to my truck Luke opened the passenger door for me and leaned in to place a soft kiss on my cheek which caused me to giggle and place my hand where he kissed me as he shut the door. Luke quickly ran around to the drivers side jumping swiftly into the seat.

He began to pull out and reach his right hand over to my lap grabbing my hand tightly. "So, tell me Char, how's Bentley been? He's going to my mom's today, right?"

"Yeah, she's picking him up from daycare... I was supposed to have some time today to get ready for you to come home tomorrow... But you you know, decided that you'd come home early. But uh," I got choked up a little and wiped a stray tear with my free hand, "He uh... He's had enough of me."

Luke's grip on my hand tightened a little bit as he stopped at a stop sign and looked over at me concerned, "What do you mean he's had enough of you, Babe?"

"He-He told me this morning that he wanted you eggs for breakfast... And I told him that he'd have to wait a few days so you can make them... Because we all know I can't make eggs the way you can," I started out shakily. Luke gave me a 'you're damn right' look and let out a little chuckle. "But... He told me that he wishes I were you and that I was never home. He wishes that He'd never have to see me." A few more tears trailed down my cheek.

Luke nearly swerved off the road when he heard that. He also gripped my hand harder. When he spoke his voice soaked of anger and disappointment, "he did not. He talked to you that way? I'm so sorry, Char. I really am. I'll be sure to talk to him one of these next few day that I'm at home."

Luke pulled into our driveway causing me to jump out without even waiting for Luke to put it in park. I'm a horrible mother. I really am. More tears ran down my face as I fumbled with my keys. The click of Luke's cowboy boots came up behind me as I pushed the door opened.

He instantly turned me around so I was facing him. I stuffed my head in his chest as he guided us towards the couch and sat down pulling me into his lap. His large hand was on my head, keeping my head against his chest, "Shh Char. Let it all out. Let it all out Baby."

"I just can't believe he basically told me he hated me. He hates me, Luke. I'm a horrible mom. I'm always working. I've no time for him," I sobbed and pulled away from Luke's chest, "I'm so bad. I'm so sorry."

"Baby, don't even fret. He's too young to understand. He loves you Char," Luke reasoned and bowed his head to kiss my forehead, "I love you."

I looked up at him with glassy eyes and reached up to put my hands on his cheeks leaning up slowly to kiss him on the lips. "I love you too. And I'm so sorry. I'm just still in shock from you coming home ear-," I was cut off by Luke putting a finger to my lips, telling me to be quiet.

He wiped tears a away from my cheeks and leaned in to kiss me again. I instantly kissed back. Soon Luke's kisses trailed down my neck and to my collarbone where he stayed and nibbled causing me to let out a loud moan.

Luke kept nibbling as I moved my hands down to the hem of his shirt, lightly pulling up on it. He pulled away yanking his shirt over his head as he began playing with the buttons on my dress shirt. As Luke's lips made their way back to mine he played with my buttons. He got frustrated and just yanked my shirt opened, leaving me in my bra and skirt.

As I reached for his waistband he gently pushed me away picked me up, carrying me to our room and placing me on our bed without breaking the kiss. His large hands grabbed ahold of my breasts and let out a moan of his own. I began playing with the button of his pants and quickly unbuttoned them, pulling them down while only breaking the kiss for a few seconds. Luke quickly pushed me off and yanked his cowboy boots off, then slid his pants off the rest of the way.

He launched towards me and and smashed his lips back into mine while toying with my bra clip. "I love you Charlotte. So much," he whispered seductively and unclipped my bra.

"I love you too," I mumbled out of breath, "now, take off the rest of my clothes, Thomas."

"I've got you Darlin'," Luke replied and began fumbling with the button. Once he got it undone he quickly slipped down the zipper and moved my skirt down in one swift movement.

This left us both in our underwear. "Baby, I haven't seen you like this in so long. And goddamn, I love you like this. So much," he whispered and nibbled lightly on my ear as he played with the waistband of my pink bikini underwear.

"Yank them down Luther," I growled yanked his underwear down on a quick movement, leaving him completely exposed. I ran my fingers up and down his smooth skin on his hips.

Luke obeyed me and pulled my underwear down. "I love you so much. So, so much," he mentioned as he tailed kisses down my torso.

"I love you too baby. So much," I whispered. 

Hope Y'all liked it! :) 

Thanks! - JJ :)