Chapter 45

The complete eBook is available from Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and more!

-----

Over the next few days, Ross Cleaver followed up on the list. Bill Lamb kept his mouth shut. Mostly.

Cleaver was not happy. Thanks to Massey’s orders, he was too busy to follow up on other business. Too busy to collect on overdue loans. Too busy to work his insurance business.

Between chapters of his book on the ghost girl of Watseka, Cleaver tracked down each of the candidates for City Council, Seventh District. Each campaigning for the open seat in the special election.

Cleaver thought of the man who had vacated the seat, the friend of Mr. Massey’s. A shame, the man going out like that. In the prime of life. What was his name?

Maybe the councilman shoulda been a client of Frozen Futures. Somewheres in the future, the doctors would look him up on the chart, say, “Hey, we can cure this guy now.” Stick him in defrost, make him right as rain.

If only.

So these were the folks pushing for that empty chair. Elbowing each other on their way to the top.

Over the next couple of days, this was how the interviews turned out.

TRACEY LI: “I think you have me confused with somebody else.”

WILSON PARFREY: “I’m here to serve all my constituents.”

D. EDWARD MURDOCK: “Oh, I’m just his assistant. Mr. Murdock is out of town this week. Family emergency. Did you want to leave some sort of message?”

CHESTER ANDERSON: “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not running for any office.”

JAKE LAWSON: “Absolutely, sir. Absolutely.”

JANET MODELL: “I’ll have to think about it.”

RICKY STUBBS: “I think you need to compare notes with Mr. Massey. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here. Know what I mean?”

SALLY TOBIN: “You’ll have to talk to my campaign manager. I think she’s around here somewhere.”

PEDRO RIVERA: “Que? Perdoname, pero usted tiene que inscribirse como todos los demas. Recibio usted uno de nuestros avisos por correo?”

IRWIN PAL: “Get out of here!”

NORMA E. HAUS: “My horoscope didn’t say anything about this.”

SAMANTHA CROTEAU: [Did not talk with the lady. As soon as Cleaver saw the badge from the Kansas City Police Department, he excused himself.]

-----

There are 70 chapters for Tribulation House. You can purchase the whole eBook from Amazon, Apple, Kobo, B&N, and more! 

Visit my website and sign up for my author newsletter to receive two free eBooks. Thanks for reading!