Chapter 5

Nothing made sense. Not the cold atmosphere that had settled in the room, not the sky blue eyes staring directly into his own, and certainly not the alarming speed at which his heart was racing. It didn't make sense at all because this was supposed to be another normal Sunday morning. Well, as morning as it could possibly get.

Niall was just supposed to be making breakfast, nothing else. He wasn't supposed to be scared for his life and he certainly wasn't supposed to feel guilty or afraid. This was his goddamn boyfriend for fucks sake but then again, a spoiled brat with a very persistent nature and possible stalker like qualities, was going to get him killed.

"With love -z.m." The Australian accent spoke out, voice sounding harsher and deeper than what Niall had ever heard. He took a deep gulp of breath, settling himself down on the couch just in case all the heat in the room and all the sweat gathering around his forehead made him collapse with stress. He needed a bit of a balance in his life. "Who is this 'z.m.'?" Luke spoke once again, stressing on each word before placing the bouquet of white lilies that had arrived early in the morning on the table. He shoved the card that had come with it, chuckling at the messy hand writing before tossing it away behind him, sky blue eyes staring at Niall's ocean blue ones.

"I-I don't know." The blonde bit the inside of his cheek, entwining his fingers together as he tried to think of all the ways he could calm Luke done. But there were none. Once it started, it never stopped and Niall didn't need this in his life right now. Another crazy stalker fan, another possessive boyfriend drama. And honestly, he could leave. Anytime. He made his own money, even if it was dirty money but it was his nonetheless, his efforts, his late night parties and private shows, but he didn't have the cash. It never went to him other than the small amount that Harry would always sneak away and deposit in Niall's savings account. But other than that, nothing. Moreover, where would he even go if he was ever to leave? It was better to stay. He was a strong boy, he could handle it. Until he finally breaks, that is.

"You do know though. I can see it on your face baby." Niall shivered at the pet name, unpleasant goosebumps running down his arms. He created a careful distance between himself and Luke, pushing his back further into the sofa's soft cushions. A silly little persistent kid had landed him in such big troubles and no matter how pretty the flowers and how sweet the gesture was, Niall was still worried for himself. He was being stalked for crying out loud because even in his wildest dreams, he won't ever tell his address to a guy he met in a goddamn strip club. To a guy he gave a private lap dance to. That was just never going to happen.

"I don't though. Trust me." Niall winced desperately, his wrist hurting from the way Luke was grabbing onto it too tightly, staring intensely into his eyes as if searching for some kind of a lie there. And honestly, Niall was lying for his own sake rather than Zayn's. He was lying to save his ass from getting beaten and his Sunday becoming rather gloomy and tiring than the joyous day it could actually be.

Slowly, the grip weakened and the Irish blonde took a deep breath of air, inhaling and exhaling. It was the relief of having your normal heart rate, normal body temperature and normal Sunday back that made him smile a little. The red bruise on his arm didn't matter. It would disappear soon, in the next twenty four hours hopefully.

"Throw them away then. In the trash they go." Luke smiled, ruffling Niall's hair up and making it look like a horrendous mess. The blonde didn't raise an eyebrow or even wince at the harsh ruffle, just took the small amount of affection he was getting and kept it close to his heart. Even he didn't get why he was stuck with Luke. Maybe it was love, the feeling of wanting to give your all to one person, forgetting your own pride and ego in midst of it all, or maybe it was his own weakness, the scary reality that he had no where to go, no parents, no relatives and no friends to turn to. Harry was the only one he ever interacted with and the brunette still lived with his mum for fucks sake. Niall couldn't impose like that.