Chapter 6

Happiness was some thing unknown. Unusual. Niall had never exactly felt it. Not in it's complete sense at least. He might have smiled and he might have even laughed with countless people but there was always this sense of fear lingering in the back of his mind, making everything just monotonic. But now that he was sitting across the table from Zayn Malik, all that fear was just gone. Why? Even Niall didn't know. 

Maybe, just maybe, it might have been because the Pakistani just looked so happy, with his white pearly teeth on display as he rambled on and on about something, or maybe it was the effort he had made to cook a plate of instant noodles for him.  Whatever it was, it made Niall feel all bubbly and tingly inside.  And it wasn't even a date. It was just the two of them having instant noodles in the center of the changing room because Harry had thought it would be the best idea to eat something and talk. Zayn of course, had agreed, leaving Niall with no choice but to do the same. 

Despite the small smile playing on his lips, not refusing to leave his face, Niall still didn't understand why a college student with a bright future ahead of him would like to date a stripper. Would do so much for a fucking stripper. And even though the blonde loved his job, and he didn't exactly mind stripping for money, he was no stranger to how the outsiders perceived it. He knew that to them people outside, a stripper was basically a slut begging for more money just for showing some skin. And that was an opinion he couldn't do anything to change . So he wondered why a college student like Zayn, one whose friends clearly did think the same way as the others, would bother so much with a stripper unless it was just for fun. 

And just like that, the happiness disappeared and the insecurities arrived. 

"Are you not going to eat that? I know they are instant noodles but you must be damn hungry after your show." Zayn mumbled as he gulped down a glass of water. The concern and genuine care lacing his voice should have melted Niall's insecurities away, should have brought the happiness in but nothing like that happened. Everything remained the way it was before, and suddenly, there were just doubts clouding up his brain. 

"Why are you doing all this?" Niall asked, his voice raised a little due to the high amount of frustration he was dealing with. He needed answers to so many questions but most of them all, he knew he had only an hour left before he had to go home. With Luke. His boyfriend. And that in itself made everything seem stupid. Every action of his was suddenly stupid. Was he crazy for thinking that he could even dump Luke, the man he had been dating for years, for someone who like Zayn who was probably with his feelings and having a good laugh over it with his friends? He didn't want anyone to treat him better. Things were fine the way they were. It wasn't that Luke harmed him in any manner. No, as long as Niall kept Luke happy, the Australian man kept him happy too. 

"I like you and I want you to give me one chance to at least prove to you that I can make you happy." Zayn tried, folding his arms on the table as he eagerly waited for the blonde to respond and no matter how tempting and ravishing the smaller lad looked, the Pakistani desperately calmed his raging hormonal self down and focused instead on the emotional aspect of it all. 

"But why? Why go through so much pain for me ? I'm just a stripper Zayn. Surely you can do much better than that." The blonde scoffed, getting up from the chair. He glanced briefly at his plate, cringing when he realized that there was still half a plate of the noodles left but he didn't feel hungry at all. 

"I don't know why either. It's just every time I look at you, you captivate me and it's just so very different from any other emotion I've ever felt. I know you have someone in your life and I am not telling you to dump them for me. All I need is one chance to show you what being happy is actually all about.  Just one chance to prove you that you're worth everything." The raven haired man's eyes automatically flickered down to Niall's bruised wrist, making the blonde quickly cover it up with his other hand. 

"I don't believe that that's all you want." The smaller of the two choked out, getting his bag from the employee lockers and shoving his stuff inside it. He zipped the bag up, checking his phone for the time and huffed upon realizing that he still had a good forty minutes left with Zayn until Luke arrived. All he wanted right now was some place but then again, his own mind was the most crowded and obscene place, filled with such stupid and idiotic thoughts that didn't even make sense to him. 

"But it is all I want. I'm not playing around when I ask you for a chance. You should take your time with your decision though. There's no rush. I know there's a lot on your plate right now," Zayn smiled sadly, collecting the plates and glasses from the table and dumping them in the trash can, thanking Harry for arranging the disposable stuff for them. He really wanted to know Niall more, understand him better but it was just so hard to do so when the blonde was closed off to the entire world. It wasn't that easy to get the blonde to just let him show what happiness and love was supposed to be like. And Zayn didn't even know why he was behaving like this. He had stopped thinking about Gigi because Niall was now occupying all his thoughts but more than that, he genuinely wanted to have the blonde in his life, not just for a good fuck but for an over all good time and to create memories together. Maybe it was the scared and broken look in his blue eyes that just filled his entire being every time that car arrived after working hours to pick him up or maybe it was the way he would just have random red marks on his skin. Nothing too serious but enough to leave a bruise behind. Whatever happened, it changed something in Zayn. He wasn't sure if he was happy with the change or not. 

"I-I don't know what to say. I don't want to cheat on anyone." Niall whispered, bowing his head to stare at the floor instead of anything else. Especially Zayn. He didn't want to look at the boy and feel that tingly sensation again . 

"You won't be cheating on anyone." The tanned man grinned. "How about this ? I won't ever ask you to be my official boyfriend. We'll just be two people who meet up occasionally and enjoy each other's company. I just want to be the one person whom you can be yourself with." 

"What do you get out of it?" Niall cocked his head to the side, checking his mobile phone and sighed. Only ten minutes left. Ten minutes till he would have to leave from the back gate and get inside the car, drive back home and then what? Begin the very next day with the entire routine of waking up too early and cooking breakfast, cleaning the house and everything. He sometimes felt more like a maid than a lover. 

"I get to spend time with you. And right now, that'll what I really want." Zayn stepped closer to the blonde, aware that the time was ticking by and any moment now, Niall would have to go but despite knowing it, he placed his hands on the slim waist, bringing the blonde's body closer to his own, doing so rather hesitantly. When Niall placed his hands on the taller man's shoulder, it gave Zayn the courage to lean down, pressing their foreheads together and inhaling deeply. 

"Don't you see baby, all I want is to be your hero." 

AN/ Too cheesy but anyways, Ziall is happening so yay. Thank me hoes! lmao

My ex called me today like 10 times and I had my phone on silent and I was reading "One Indian Girl" (really good btw. do check it out.) anyways, so I picked up later and turns out the fucker was drunk once again and like okay, you're cute to be drunk dialing me but u hurt me so much sometimes and it's a shame that we actually talked for like half an hour because I had so much to say and he had so much to say and saying so much does take half an hour. I'm so done with life lol. 

Apart from this: 

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thoughts on the mini date or whatever it can be called?

Thoughts on Zayn?

thoughts on niall's insecurities?

Do u think he would ever find enough courage to leave Luke? 

Do you think Harry should help Niall out a bit?

What's going to happen now that Ziall have kinda decided to be together?

next update at 70+ votes and comments :D