Chapter 9

The atmosphere in the car was tense. It was as if two strangers had been forced to sit together and somehow that really hurt Zayn. He couldn't really understand why he wanted to get to know a stripper. A goddamn stripper but he did. There was something about Niall that was so very captivating. It made Zayn's heart stop and his breathing accelerate, until all he could focus on was the beautiful blonde working on that pole in front of hungry men.

The thought made him cringe a little. He had never actually imagined himself feeling something other than lust for the beautiful blonde but apparently Niall had the powers to make the strangest of emotions take place in the depth of his heart.

"I'm not even going to ask how you know my address." Niall huffed, leaning against the comfortable leather seat covers. He closed his eyes, breathing in and sighing loudly. For some reason, the small action made Zayn sad. He hadn't witnessed Niall being relaxed and comfortable in his presence ever. And he wanted that. He really wanted to see a genuine smile on the blonde's face, a look of sheer trust in his eyes because that would ensure him that he had finally won the blonde over.

"Harry sure gives away a lot of information about you to complete strangers." Zayn chuckled shakily, remembering the bouquet of flowers he had once sent. It was a heat of the moment thing where he was too much involved in getting the blonde's attention somehow and big gestures seemed like the right way to go. But now, Zayn knew better. At least that's what he would like to believe. He had settled on being himself and being direct with the blonde because all his aims at being extremely romantic had gone down the drain. 

"Take a right from here. It's a short cut," Niall whispered, trying to ease the silence that had settled when he didn't exactly retort upon's Zayn's remark. He didn't know how to act around the Pakistani specially after that sensual massage that had taken place in the dressing room. So he sat quietly watching Zayn drive with one hand on the steering wheel and the other against the window, his thumb rubbing against his moist lips. He definitely looked sexy like that, all masculine and dominant male sitting right in front of his eyes and Niall was certain that Zayn wasn't one of those hungry men in the crowd; a part of him was starting to believe that the man in front of his eyes was interested in something other than just sex. Strangely, Niall quite liked that. 

"Why do you even bother coming to the club? You're handsome and young, you can get anyone you want so why are you interested in me, a goddamn stripper?" The blonde raised an eyebrow, frowning at the abrupt question that had escaped his lips. He just didn't understand why somebody would even want to pursue a stripper so badly. 

"Did it ever occur to you that I might be interested in you because I like you and I want to get to know you better?" Zayn smirked,glancing briefly at Niall before turning his attention back towards the lonely road. It was awfully quiet, not a soul in sight and for a brief second Zayn wondered whether Niall was playing on mugged him or worse, murdering him out here. He quickly brushed the thought away, deciding that the blonde was too soft and timid for such things. He definitely had a feisty personality but he lacked muscles to put up a  fight against Zayn.

"Why though? I'm a stripper Zayn. I take off my clothes and twerk my ass in front of hungry old geezers for money. That's not a very respectable job in the eyes of many people and I'm certain that if we were to date and you had to introduce me to your parents or friends, you would be fucking embarrassed so please stop pursuing me and do something productive with your life." Niall huffed, crossing his arms at his chest. He brought his phone out from his pocket, frowning when there was not a single text message or phone call from  Luke. Niall was certain that his boyfriend was probably out at some club, getting drunk and dancing with random girls.  That was another flaw in their relationship - Niall never could control Luke but Luke always had a tight grip on the blonde. For a while he had even wondered how Luke had allowed him to continue stripping for money but then, one look at the quite large and comfortable house they were living in and he was certain that it was just so they could pay the bills and the house loan off. Being a top rated male stripper did have its perks.