Chapter 10

Niall had dressed up casually for the "date". He had told Luke that he was going out with Harry for a while and surprisingly, the blonde hadn't really questioned him over it. For the first time, Niall was completely okay with Luke not being an overbearing protective boyfriend. He had got to the coffee place at least half an hour before Zayn was supposed to arrive and with every passing minute, he kept on getting more and more nervous. 

What if this was just a big fat joke that Zayn was pulling? Trying to get a stripper to his bed was certainly something college boys might be interest in doing. Niall frowned at the wild turn his thoughts had taken. He had been brimming with optimism when he had entered the cafe and now, only fifteen minutes after, it had been replaced by his usual negative thoughts. 

He was so not used to being chased after. Even with Luke, it hadn't been a chasing game. The two had met through mutual friends and hit it off quite quickly. Luke had shown interest in the blonde and Niall, during his school years had been a desperate little boy, wanting as much affection as he could get. He always kept his grades up and his looks polished to perfection - not wanting to disappoint anyone but alas, he had been the biggest disgrace his family could ask for when he had revealed his sexual preference to them. For a while the blonde had been confused. He didn't understand how parents could just shun their kids out over a simple matter of sexuality. But Luke had been with him then. He had been the one to suggest moving to another city and living together.  Niall had jumped at the idea. After that, his parents had become almost extinct to him. He didn't know how they were doing and he wasn't even interested in it anymore. Even though Luke might abuse him at times and might use him for getting rid of his frustration, at least he accepted Niall for the way the blonde was. He never asked Niall to change a single thing about him and that's exactly why Niall had fallen in love with the handsome Australian.

Niall sighed, pushing the past back in his mind. He was happy to have some contact with his older brother and that's all he needed. The little bit of family he wanted was already there for him. He turned his attention back to the cup of coffee he had ordered. Slowly, he brought the cup towards his lips, taking a sip of the steaming hot liquid. His eyes glanced around the cafe as he placed the cup down. It was a rather small and tidy looking place. Niall had liked it from the very first day Harry had dragged him here. The place was never completely filled with customers, giving lots of peaceful time to people like himself who came here for a nice cup of warm coffee along with some honey and oatmeal cookies. 

The blonde's smile widened when he noticed a figure approaching the door. He had to admit that Zayn had cleaned up exceptionally well. His usual messy hair was gelled back into a neat quiff and he was wearing a nice pair of black skinny Levi's along with a white plain shirt. 

"You're here early," Zayn observed, chuckling a little when he noticed the blonde getting all flustered and he hadn't even been there for long. It was cute how every single thing about the stripper was "cute" instead of slutty or sexy. 

"I wanted to get some coffee before work. They serve the best cappuccino here," Niall fussed, pointing to his half empty cup before staring back at the table. 

"You're so cute." Zayn complimented, taking a sit opposite to the blonde. He had been stressing over the date quite a lot the last night, making Liam worried and everybody in the dorm confused. Zayn had always gotten people easily - be it boys or girls, they had all always seemed to want him. But Niall was a different story. He had these massive walls around him that Zayn just wanted to break down. 

The Pakistani glanced up at the shy blonde, smiling when he noticed that there was a blush coating Niall's cheeks. He wanted to just grab the shorter man and pepper him with kisses, he was just that special but Zayn held back on displaying too much affection. He knew that he wanted Niall - to get to know him better and what not - but another part of him felt like he was just doing this out of pity for the blonde. He had noticed the scars and the marks, the terrified expression on Niall's face as he waited for Luke to pick him up and Zayn wanted to take Niall away from all that but he knew that just telling the blonde to leave his boyfriend wasn't going to cut for it. He had to make sure that Niall knew that he was in a toxic relationship. But there was another part of Zayn, which went beyond all these rational and stupid thoughts and focused more upon how beautiful Niall was and how great it would be if Zayn could wake up with the blonde next to him, cuddled to his chest. 

"Do you want to order something?" Niall asked, breaking Zayn's chain of thoughts. The tanned man just stared at him before shaking his head no making the blonde cock his head to the side in confusion. "Are you sure?" 

"Yeah. I'm just waiting for you to finish eating. I already ate before coming down to meet you." Zayn smiled. "Finish quick. I want to take you somewhere." 

...

"Are you certain that we won't die?" Niall asked, staring at the distance between the ramp and the ground. He felt the cold wind brush past his simple sweater, making goosebumps rise on his arm. 

"I'm positive." Zayn chuckled, signalling for the assistant to tie their legs and secure them properly. It was his second time going bungee jumping and he wasn't much bothered by the height but judging by the terrified expression on Niall's face, he was certain that the blonde was close to pissing his pants. He quickly grabbed the shorter man's hands in his own, squeezing them tight while the guy worked on securing them properly, tying the belt as tightly as possible before giving them an okay sign with a smile. 

"I-I'm not very sure about this," the blonde stammered, glancing down at the height when Zayn wrapped his arms around his waist from behind. 

"Don't look down," the younger lad ordered. "Just look at me," he whispered softly, tipping his legs over the edge once he had successfully managed to get Niall to calm down . He leaned down, pressing his lips against the blonde's glossy ones before finally falling down, keeping his arms wrapped around Niall's waist as their lips moved against each others. Zayn could feel Niall's fingers clamping down on his shoulders, nails digging through the material of his shirt as the blonde kissed back fervently. 

"Open your eyes." Zayn whispered, pulling back from the kiss when they had both run out of breath. He took his time in admiring the flushed expression on Niall's face and his wide eyes as they continued to be thrown down before being pulled up and then going down again. Niall's grip on his shoulders was still tight as his blue eyes continued to stare at the beautiful landscape before them, the big trees and the glowing headlights of cars passing by. 

"It's beautiful," Niall replied back softly, his heart beat accelerating when they were pulled back suddenly. He turned around to stare at Zayn, finding those hazel eyes so much more comforting. It was weird how safe he felt in the taller man's arms, just wrapped around as if they had done this so many times before. He had never felt like this with Luke. Never in a million years.

"Not more than you." 

AN/ WELL, ZIALL HAD THEIR DATE. NOT THE BEST DATE BUT I ALWAYS WANT TO GO BUNGEE JUMPING ON ONE OF MY DATES, YA KNOW? IT'LL BE SO COOL TO DO THAT ON THE FIRST DATE!

ANYWAYS, 

WHAT'S YOUR IDEAL DATE TYPE?