15. "You were so easy"

With much reluctance, I pull my phone out of my bag and get my contacts up, clicking on Connor's name. I put it to my ear and it starts to ring, whilst I wait and hate myself for going against all my pride and beliefs and ringing Connor up when I specifically told him I wouldn't.

"Hello?" A voice at the other end says, bringing me back to reality.

"Con?" I ask though don't wait for an answer before I jump straight in with my rambling, "it's Ella, I'm really, really sorry for calling you this late when I said I wouldn't but shit's happened and it turns out that Seb is a fucking prick and I hate him and I could really, really do with that lift right now"

I let out a sigh and cringe as I wait for Connor's answer.

"Where are you?" The voice asks, but I realise that it isn't Connor who I'm speaking to.

14 hours earlier...

When Friday rolls around, I'm finally in a good mood; not only because I have the party with Seb tonight but also because it is the day when She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is scheduled to go home.

I walk into the living room with a bounce in my step, seeing all four members of The Vamps, as well as Anastasia, sat in there.

"Has it gone?" I ask with hope lacing my voice. Brad was supposed to be taking her to the train station this morning, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had found an excuse to linger around a bit longer, "is the flat ferret-free?"

"Stop calling her a ferret" Tris sighs, whilst Anastasia starts giggling from her seat beside him.

"She does look like a ferret though" I shrug as I flop down on my sofa next to James.

"What are you laughing at?" Tris asks his girlfriend.

"I mean, she does have quite rodent-y features, Tris"

"See!"

"Well, you'll be glad to know that she has gone home" he tells me.

"Thank the lord!" I sing dramatically, before adding, "and please clean the sofa"

"Why?"

"Because she slept on it"

Tris tuts, "Brad slept on it too"

"Then clean it twice"

A few chuckles bounce around the room and I sneak a glance at Brad who is looking at me and holding back a smirk. I'm not sure exactly what part of our conversation yesterday led to Brad suddenly being able to take a joke but I appreciate a guy who can handle my banter.

"I'm getting a drink, does anyone else want one?" Tris announces, standing up and making his way to the door

"I'll have one please," I say, to which Tris nods. I watch him leave the room and then turn to Anastasia.

"Is Tris in a good mood today?" I ask quietly, just in case Tris is still in hearing distance. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why?" She chuckles, "what have you done?"

"I'm going to a party tonight with this guy I'm seeing" I explain, "I need Tris to be in a good mood when I tell him"