Bonus VI

Sorry if you hate these little bonuses but this is probably the last one. It's just a little scene that I had written and planned to put in the story but it never really fit in any of the chapters and I kinda like it so here you are :) 

As I'm walking down the corridor to reach the flat, I notice that the door's open and there's a strange man stood in the doorway. I frown. On getting closer, I see that Tris and Brad are stood in the doorway talking to the man and he looks a little familiar now I can see him better. I think he lives on this floor of the building because I've gotten in the lift with him a few times on our floor.

"...Yeah, we're really sorry" I hear Tris saying as I approach, "we'll try to keep it down"

The neighbour nods and leaves, walking past me and disappearing into the next door along from ours. I turn back to Brad and Tris, who are looking at each other and caught somewhere between laughing and looking sheepish.

"What was all that about?" I ask as I step into the flat, making the two of them walk back further into the hallway. The two of them laugh awkwardly.

"Er, the neighbour's said we've been being too loud" Tris explains quietly. I frown because it's not like we've been having any big parties or loud arguments recently.

"What? Because of your mates coming round the other week?"

"No, because Brad's been having sex too loudly" he replies rather bluntly.

Oh...

"Hey, it could be you he's talking about!" Brad quickly argues.

"Your room is on their side, mine isn't!" Tris counters, "and I've stayed at Anastasia's far more than she's stayed here"

Fuck. I'd never even considered that next door could hear us. I guess in the moment, I'm too... distracted...

"I didn't know you were sleeping with anyone" Tris adds, "you kept that quiet, didn't you?"

"Not quiet enough" I chip in, making the both of them chuckle and diffusing some of the awkwardness.

"Well, you've done really well to keep her on the down-low" Tris continues, "or maybe I should say them"

"Just her" Brad corrects, "anyway, it's none of your business"

"I know, I'm just surprised that you've managed to sneak her in and out without me seeing," he says, before he looks at Brad questioningly, "wait" he frowns and for a moment, I start to panic that he's figured it out, "it's not your Newcastle girl, is it?"

I breathe a mental sigh of relief.

Brad shrugs, "might be"

"Are we ever gonna meet this girl?" Tris titters, making me inwardly cringe, "or is she fictional?"

"Yeah, you will and she's very much real, thank you"

Suddenly, my brother turns to me, "have you ever heard them?"

Whether I say yes or no, I'll be lying to him so I might as well as have a little fun with it.

"Yeah" I nod, glancing over at Brad who's watching me suspiciously, "Brad's always really vocal so she must be amazing in bed"

"She is" Brad shrugs nonchalantly, never losing eye contact with me.

"Lucky you" I tease.

"Yeah, I am"

"Okay, well, from now on can you and your girlfriend be a little quieter please?" Tris says, wandering off into the flat. As soon as he's disappeared around the corner and out of earshot, Brad turns to me.

"You're loud too" he whispers aggressively.

"You're louder" I shoot back.

"And whose fault is that?" he asks as he raises an eyebrow. I grin, widely and proudly.

"Mine"