Bonus I

This is the first Bonus chapter of L&W. Please don't read this if you haven't yet read Chapter 19 of the story. Also, this is written from Brad's POV in case there's any confusion.

"So did you get with any girls last night?" Tristan asks as we're stood in the kitchen throwing stray bottles and plastic cups into black bin bags.

Yeah, your sister.

Obviously, I can't tell him that without risking a broken friendship and possible death so I shrug and lie, though it kills me to lie to someone I'd consider to be my brother.

"Nah"

"You sure?" he smirks, nudging my side with his elbow, "You disappeared for a while"

"I just got bored of the music" I shrug again but it isn't a lie; it just isn't the whole truth. And it isn't making me feel any better. Whilst he was enjoying the party, I was off making out with his sister despite the fact I'd promised him weeks ago that nothing was ever going to happen between me and Ella.

And I honestly thought that nothing ever would happen. Of course, she's fiery and funny and insanely attractive but she's also incredibly frustrating and hates me with a burning passion.

I mean, I thought she did, until last week with the whole Brittany-stealing-my-ring incident. If it wasn't for Ella, I really don't think I'd have gotten my ring back. And I think I'd have spent another night sleeping on the couch whilst Brittany helped herself to the rest of my jewellery. I've seen the defensive side of Ella before (who hasn't) but never when it's been in favour of me. I admire that she stuck up for me, even if she doesn't like me. It shows that she can have good intentions even if it doesn't seem like it. And it shows she does have a heart even if she doesn't want to admit it.

It's nice to see this other side of her for a change.

She's just so difficult normally but I guess that's part of her alluring charm. If you can look past all the sassiness and the sarcasm and the no-fucks-given attitude... I don't know, there's just something...

Without sounding clichéd, she's unlike any girl I've ever met.

Obviously, I can't tell Tris any of this. Normally he would be a go-to regarding girl issues but I can't exactly tell him that I'm crushing on his sister, who I do not get on with - or more importantly, she doesn't get on with me.

Until I picked her up from that party and everything started to change. I honestly thought we were getting somewhere. We were no longer picking fights and purposely pissing each other off; we were having banter, having a laugh with each other.

And then I went and kissed her, and now I have no idea where we stand. She kissed me back so that's good but then she just left without saying anything. And then this morning, she tried to act like it didn't even happen.

I just can't stop thinking about the kiss, even whilst I'm helping Tris clean up and then after when Tris goes out and I'm sat in my room with nothing to do. I'm hoping that Ella will come and talk to me. With Tris gone, now would be the best time to talk.

By around 5pm, she still hasn't made an appearance and I'm getting hungry. I stand up from my bed, open the door to leave my bedroom and I'm faced with the sight of Ella stood in my doorway, fist raised in the air ready to knock. Guess I timed it well.