39. "I'm guessing you haven't got me a present"

This is more a filler chapter and just setting up the next chapter so sorry for the lack of much going on

Also, this story is nearly at 50k reads so much love to all my readers, I appreciate every single one of you :)

We're currently sat in the dressing room in our next and last venue, which is in Plymouth. While we're waiting in the dressing room before the show, the boys are starting to get ready to do a meet and greet with some of the fans and I'm sat with Dean as he is looking through all the video footage I got during the boys' soundcheck yesterday.

"It seems like there's plenty of usable footage here, Ella" Dean tells me, "good work"

"Thanks"

"Are you going to be in Europe?" He asks, "because I'm happy to give you some work to do whilst we're there if you want it"

I frown, having no idea what he's talking about.

"Europe?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow.

"Oh, the boys are spending four days in Europe" he explains, "they go on Sunday"

"A day in Poland, a day in Prague and then a couple of days in Amsterdam" Joe pipes up, "if you want to come along, I can sort out another plane ticket, no problem"

"Yeah, El, you should totally come" Tris exclaims, obviously having overheard the conservation "you'd love Amsterdam"

I know that I would love Amsterdam, and Europe in general, and a three day trip there with The Vamps there sounds amazing. However, I already have plans. Or more, my mother has plans for my 'big day' on Sunday. She's been planning it for weeks, and I know that she'll have started the food preparations already, even though it's only Thursday. All of my family and friends will have been invited round. As fun as spending my birthday in Europe would be, I don't want to ruin my mum's plans.

Plus, she's organised a second attempt of getting bridesmaids dresses on Monday and I have to be there; Millie will be at school and I can't let Brittany have the final say on our bridesmaids' dresses.

"Yeah, come on, El, it'll be a laugh" James pipes up.

"I'd love to but I can't go"

"Why not?" Tris asks, and I'm starting to think that he's forgotten.

"I'm busy Sunday and Monday" I tell him, "mum wants me to go home"

"You can go home anytime" Tris moans, "go home next week instead"

I stare at him incredulously. Has he honestly not remembered?

Though with his track record, am I really surprised?

"What?" He frowns, seeing my blank expression.

"You should know why I'm going home on Sunday"

He frowns again, staring at me with a confused expression. The fucking idiot.

"Sunday, the 13th"

It takes him a few moments and then I see the moment when it hits him because his face drops.

"Shit" he mutters.

"I'm guessing you haven't got me a present" I snicker in a dry tone, rolling my eyes.

"What?" James asks.

"It's her birthday" he mumbles sheepishly, turning back to me, "I'm so sorry, El, I'm so, so sorry"