30. "Are you going to get a boner every time we make out?"

A/N: I told you I'd make it up to you ;)

"Ella" I hear Tris call from somewhere else in the flat, "hurry the fuck up"

I roll my eyes as I steadily apply my lipstick. Makeup application is not a task to be rushed.

"Perfection takes time, Tris" I call back, hearing a faint snicker in reply.

Tonight was the night of the BRIT awards in which the boys had been nominated for Best Group and Joe had very kindly managed to get hold of an extra ticket for me so I could tag along.

This meant that I'd had to buy a whole new outfit for the occasion, which I purchased using the money I'd saved from working at the cafe. My dress was a short mint green number with black lace detail around the waist and bust, fading into a floaty, voluminous skater skirt style at the bottom. I'd paired it with a pair of classic black heels, which I'd hand-sewed mint green bows on the back of to match the dress and a black clutch bag. My makeup was just slightly heavier than usual, complete with a smoky eye and nude lip, whilst I'd styled my hair into simple beachy waves. Somehow the lavender elements in my hair really compliment the contrast of the mint green of the dress.

I stand up and slip my feet into the heels, grabbing my clutch bag and spraying myself with perfume.

"El, if you're not out in the next thirty seconds, we're going without you" I hear my brother call again.

"I'm coming now" I shout, scowling at my door as I open it and make my way towards the hallway where I can hear quiet chatting. When I step into the corridor, I see Tris, Anastasia and Brad are waiting for me. Anastasia looks gorgeous, as always, in a floaty blue dress that compliments her tanned skin. My attention then turns to the boys. They're both wearing smart suits, though my attention obviously falls on Brad, who is looking particularly beautiful. He's gone for a simple black shirt with some of the buttons undone, showing off his toned chest, along with a pair of well-tailored, patterned trousers that are extremely flattering on him.

Damn.

I'd done my best to avoid Brad for the best part of the last three days. Not that I'd wanted to avoid him. I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to have banter with him and fuck, I wanted to kiss him. But I didn't. Because I'd told him I couldn't and being around him was hell when I couldn't do any of those things.

But seeing him right now, especially when he's looking so damn fine, makes any attempts at shaking off any feelings I had for him futile. I'm never going to not be attracted to him and that's just something that I'm just going to have to deal with. It's something I'm going to have to be very careful not to act upon, especially whilst we're living in the same flat.

As I finish my quick assessment of Brad's appearance, my eye flit upwards to his face to see that he is doing the exact same thing to me.

"About time" Tris huffs.

"Er, have you ever tried to blend out a smoky eye, Tris?" I tut, "it is an art form that requires time and patience"

I receive an eye roll from Tris and a murmur of agreement from Anastasia.

"You look gorgeous" she adds.

"Thanks, so do you" I smile, "your hair looks stunning"

"Thank you" she grins, "your shoes are so pretty"