Jason IV

Jason loved Rome and Greece there was only one problem. That one problem was that it was hotter than Pluto's field of punishment. Jason tried controlling the wind to make it breezier to cool Hazel, Annabeth and himself all down but to no avail. 

It took them virtually all day to reach the base of a small mountain where they think that the gryphons might keep Percy. 

Percy. That one name had him almost looking to the gods in wonder, mostly to Neptune, on how he made such a powerful son. At first Jason really did not like Percy, he was to much like Jason except more rebellious. They both thought they were leaders on a quest. They both hate it when others take care of them. There were only two differnces between us, Jason thought. Percy was stronger and more modest. While I am not. 

"OK break over let's get going up this path." Hazel said, Annabeth nor Jason argued with her after all she did know the Earth the best. 

As they were climbing up the mountain the noticed there was an ancient ruin of a glamourous Roman styled house. But it was brand new like it just was built.

"I really don't think we should enter that." Annabeth said nervously. But Jason was to drawn to the house, than he heard it. The softest plea for help. 

"Do you hear that?" Jason asked to no one in paticular.

"Yea." Hazel replied back looking at the house in confused wonder. The house was three stories high and covered in gold and ivory. 

 Jason heard Annabeth draw her new sword, three feet of dragon bone. It is so sharp and strong that she cut five metal poles in half in one swing. He drew his own sword and walked in, he heard Annabeth yell out and he felt a sharp flare of pain on the back of his head.

He fell down but didn't lose conscience. "Oh my I have lost my touch." Said a deep male voice in Latin. 

"I'd say if I knew who you were." Jason grunted pushing himself up till he felt a sharp point push lightley into his spine. 

"That my friend is a big no-no. Don't get up till we tie up your Graescus friend son of Jupiter. My boss will certainly love to meet you." 

"Jupiter killed your boss I take it?" Jason asked.

"Yes. And know we have Jupiter's favorite son here to kill to exact revenge." The guy said again. 

"Jason! What are they saying?" Annabeth yelled in panic. 

"They are saying-" Jason tired to say but got kicked in the ribs. 

"Shut up you Greek scum!" The guy roared. He than picked up Jason by the collar of his shirt and dragged him up. 

"Let's go." The guy who was still behind Jason pushed Jason down a narrow winding hallway to a guy sitting in a throne with purple robes and a crown of olive leaves on his head. 

He had a Roman military styled hair cut and the hard eyes of a true Roman leader and Jason gasped. He unfortunately recognized him. 

Annabeth read his mind for she said. "You know him Jason?" 

"Yes unfortunately. You guys will to this is Tullus Hostilius. One of the emperors of Rome, his grandfather fought with Romulus against the Sabine invasion." Jason explained and Annabeth's eyes lit up like when she had an idea. 

"Real scholar huh boy? Well than you would know my help. The Horatii." Tullus said with pride in his voice. 

"Did you not send them to be killed?" Hazel asked. 

"No. I sent them against the three Curiatii to help and win a war." Tullus replied through gritted teeth. 

"So what do you want us for?" Jason asked evenly well he was trying to find an escape route. 

"Oh to keep you busy. My mistress wants to talk to your friend about joining our side. And if I can spill your blood and one of the girls blood too that is just an added bonus!" Tullus exclaimed gleefully. 

"Can I have a moment with my friends?" Jason asked and Tullus who waved his hand in concureness. 

Jason, Annabeth and Hazel huddled. "In the Horatii myth the three brothers fought and two died. The last brother split the other three Curitatti brothers  up and killed them in single combat. So no matter what we cannot be split up ok?" Annabeth said and Jason felt his head nod even though he was barely paying attention. 

"Alright young ones. The choice is your's son of Jupiter. Fight and die with your friends or let your friends live and you die." Tullus said expecting Jason's fatal flaw to be loyalty like Percy's was except it wasn't Jason wasn't even sure on what it was! 

Jason looked back at his friends and they nodded in determination. The three Horatii brothers charged. The older brother, Publius, charged at Jason swinging his sword that would have cut Jason in half from left shoulder to right hip if he didn't raise his gladius in time. Jason parried with a feint to the stomach and than a slash to the right. But much to his dissapointed Publius blocked it. 

Publius stabbed at Jasons leg but Jason blocked it but than left his chest to get kicked in sending him flying back a good fifteen feet. This gave Jason some time to glace at Hazel and Annabeth. Hazel in one swift move crossed swords with the younger brother ducked under the swords and cut his feet from underneath him, than stabbed down. Hazel glanced up and ran to help Annabeth who was having difficulties because she never has trained with a sword. 

Jason deflected another sword strike than he blasted Publius with lightning but the roof must of took most of its blast because it only knocked Publius down, they both looked over when they heard a scream of agony. They saw Hazel and Annabeth's swords sticking into the collerbone of the middle brothers neck. Hazel and Annabeth ran towards them but Publius ran and Jason dashed after him leaving the two girls behind.  He ran into the maze of the house. 

Jason heard a whistling sound and turned around to see Publius's sword swinging to his neck to decapitate him, he ducked and stabbed Publius in the leg. Publius cursed in Latin and limped toward him. Jason Stabbed toward his head but Publius blocked and Jason took the opening to kick him in the injured leg. Publius fell down sword clattered out of his hand. 

"I am sorry Julie" Publius muttered and Jason stabbed down. 

He turned around and followed the hallway he came out of covered in blood. Tullus was sitting on his throne and when he saw Jason he slowly started clapping. "Good for you son of Jupiter, you survived. Well that puts a dent in my plan." 

"Who has Percy?" Jason replied ignoring what Tullus said. 

"My mistress my dear boy." Tullus said politely bored. 

"Gaea?" Hazel asked. 

"No Gaea is my Patron my mistress is a goddess." Tullus said. 

"Who?" Annabeth asked.

"I will not tell. I will fight the son of Jupiter if he dies, you all die. If I die, you will know." Tullus said putting on armour. 

"How will you tell us if you die?" Jason asked.

"I see somebody is cocky, just like his father. But valid point, I will write it down and put it in my pocket, fair?" Tullus said with a sinister grin. 

"Swear on the river Styx you aren't lying." Annabeth said. 

"I swear on the river Styx this is the name of my true mistress." Tullus said with an eye roll, than added. "So do we have a deal son of Jupiter?" 

"Yes, yes we do Tullus!" Jason said with defiance. 

"Good prepare to meet Pluto!" Tullus roared with laughter and charged I double handed above the head strike that Jason barely managed to catch with his own blade, sparks flew. 

I got this! Jason thought as he continued to fight. 

SORRY FOR NOT BEING ON SO MUCH I REALLY SUPER DUPER APOLOGIZE HERE IS AN UPDATE ENJOY!