Leo XXII

Leo and Hephaestus shot flames out of their hands as they charged at the incoming monster line, only some of the Vulcan kids stayed back and were launching Greek fire into the enemy line. When they connected the flames made huge holes in the enemy lines. 

Despite of only getting basic training with Jason and Percy and being wounded badly a couples days back Leo thought he was doing amazing. He was summoning fire in short bursts to maintain some level of energy as he hacked with the sword of Achilles with the other.

Leo was always worried that his adhd would act up in this fight and as he was staring at the sky he would die but when the fighting started he was focused on the monsters in front of him. Which was a nice change. 

Leo was fighting back to back with Jake Mason one of his Greek brothers and an amazing friend, they almost did every project they worked on together. Some days not taking any rest as they worked on more swords for the war they were fighting right now. 

Leo laughed in a scary glee, for some reason he was having fun killing all these monsters that were trying to hurt his friends. Leo felt Jake duck he did as well before whirling around and cutting the leg off of a empousia that tried cutting off both of their heads. It screamed in agony to find a sword through its chest before it had a chance to scream again Jake stabbed it through the chest. 

The two half-brothers were a literal arc of destruction cutting down waves of monsters, when they got swamped Leo would blast them back with fire. As the monsters would try to regroup the brothers charged into the fray, making the confused monsters even more confused as they couldn't seem to regroup. 

His siblings and Hephaestus were slowly coming back to them, to late Leo realized his and Jake's mistake. 

"Dude we are surrounded." Leo yelled panicking. 

"I know we have to get back." Jake yelled as he cut of a hellhounds head. 

"Go I got your back." Leo yelled. Jake shook his head and kept fighting. 

"Jake lets go!" Leo screamed. 

"Go I am holding them back, flame on and burn anything in your way." Jakes voice seemed almost pained. 

"Fine come on." Leo said as he caught on fire and sprinted toward the line that separated him and Jake from their siblings. 

When Leo got through he turned around to high five Jake to see a Dracnae put a trident into his half-brothers neck. With a flick of the monsters wrist, Jakes head rolled forward his neck splurting blood everywhere. 

"Jake!" Leo screamed. The rest of the Hephaestus cabin saw this and fought with renewed vigor. He sprinted up to the dracnae that killed his brother and cut her trunk of a leg, it screamed in pain where Leo swiftly decapitated it. 

"Doesn't feel so good does it." Leo spat. Before moving on to the next monster, he saw Piper and her siblings on the brink of collapse so he sent a stream of fire at the monsters line giving the Aphrodite kids a chance to regroup. He slit the throat of a dracnae and than shot a fire ball at a hellhound. 

He saw Piper and her siblings looking at him in awe. 

"I thought you could use some help." Leo shrugged.

"Thanks. Now let's finish these off so we can help the other demigods." Piper said motioning to her siblings and to Leo to follow her at the recovering monster line. Leo and Piper were the first ones at the line hacking, slashing and dodging everything the monsters threw at them. 

They covered each others backs almost flawlessly, Leo was proud standing at Pipers side as she cut the throat of a cyclops and than slashed down a spear that would have killed Leo. The two of them caused mass destruction in the monsters line, out of no where Hephaestus's voice echoed in his skull. 

"Leo Percy Jackson needs you to help him take Gaea meet him near the side follow this fire ball." 

Leo saw a fireball shoot toward the side of the moutain. Leo sprinted over to see Jason and Percy cutting down monsters, causing havoc on the enemy line. They noticed Leo and the three of them nodded at each other before running into a cave like opening at the side of the moutain they followed the only path down deeper into the moutain in the throne room of Gaea who was sitting their regally. 

She was dressed in ancient Greek armour that looked like it was made of hardened clay. Her dirt black hair flowing freely, her forest green eyes staring at the demigod trio in disgust. If she wasn't the grandmother of the gods and an enemy Leo might have considered her beautiful. 

"Any last words?" Gaea mocked. 

All three boys charged at the primordial, she blocked both Jason and Percy's overhead strikes with her blade before coming inside Leo's swing and kicking him in the chest. She slapped Percy away and than blocked on of Jason's strike's before he got kicked back too. 

"Three against one, that it isn't very fair is it?" Gaea taunted before conjuring up a dirt dagger and throwing it at a stunned Jason. Jason tried to get out of the way and Leo knew Percy wanted to take it for his little cousin but was to slow, pain was etched on the young son of Poseidons face. Leo took a deep breath before jumping in front of the dagger taking it between the ribs, he heard the clanging of swords. 

"Your turn Perseus." Gaea snarled. He felt the ground rumble, Leo grimaced in pain before he heard Jason scream in loss and rage. 

He heard the sound of metal hitting metal faster than anything Leo has heard before, he slowly rose to a knee and swallowed some bile and blood making Leo's stomach churn. 

Jason was on his back Gaea's blade at his neck. 

"Any last words son of Jupiter?" Gaea taunted. Leo saw Jason eyes's widen in relief of seeing Leo.

"Yea enjoy your sleep dirt face." Jason yelled up at her. As Gaea rose her sword to kill his friend he cut off her hand. Gaea screamed in agony and turned around, conjuring up a dirt dagger in her good hand and stabbed Leo in the throat with it as he stabbed the sword of Achilles deep in the primordial goddess heart. She screamed and writhed the whole ground shaking as Gaea passed into her slumber. 

"Leo! " Jason screamed and ran toward him. Leo fell back and Jason caught him. 

"Leo who saved me, you saved us. You will make eslyium." Jason spoke softly to Leo who nodded as his vision swam and went dark for the last time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Two chappies in one day! That is the way im doing things now. This book will be over before friday hopefully! Also to clear up confusion. The last time I wrote about them battleing Gaea, it was from Percy's prespective! I didn't add the part about Leo getting up and killing Gaea because Percy did not see it.