Percy XIX

The camp was amazingly massive Percy was shocked at the vastness on how big the Olympian army was. They had about six  hundred demigods, including the retired legionnaires which came to protect the world, they hand around two hundred cyclops, even the party ponies came,  all the friendly minor gods and goddesses. Percy walked around the camp enjoying time with his Greek friends that he hadn't seen in almost a year. 

He chatted with almost everyone from the Greek portion of the army even the people he didn't know he got really upset when he saw a group of thirteen year olds he almost marched straight up to Ze-Jupiter and almost blew up at him. 

It was even worse that he hasn't seen Annabeth in a couple hours due to the fact that she was her mother and siblings planning for the fight of their very survival. He wandered around camp for a while before steeling his nerves and heading to the Athena tent as he walked there wondering if Athena would blast him on sight or let him explain on how his daughter ended up in Tartarus than blast him. 

As he knocked on the wooden pole to announce his entrance. A boy close to his age appeared with a small smile on his face even though Percy could tell he seriously annoyed Josh one of Annabeths elder brothers.  

"Is it ok if you know I come in?" Percy asked nervously. 

"Sure, Annabeth and mom won't like you interuppting them you know." Josh warned and Percy gulped. 

"I am not worried about Annabeth, I am worried about your mom." Percy said as he walked into the tent Athena and all of her children looking down at a map discussing the best possible strategy. 

"Uh mom Percy is here." Josh said slowly, Annabeth's head snapped up and saw Percy smiled brightly than looked at Athena with a more nervous expression. Athena slowly rose her head to face the young demigod. 

"Everyone but Percy leave, you have all deserved an hour break." Athena said sternly. 

"But mom!" Annabeth cried. 

"Annabeth please. You deserve a break." Athena's voice cracked a bit. Annabeth nodded glumly and waited just outside, Athena cast a grey light over the two. Percy felt his eyebrows scrunch down in confusion. 

"It is a block to stop Annabeth from eavesdropping." Athena's face softened. 

"Uhm with all due respect lady Athena, why did you want to talk to me?" Percy asked. 

"What happened to Annabeth when she almost fell into the pit?" Athena asked stoically. 

"I grabbed her hand and we fell fifteen feet down from the edge where I caught a smaller ledge and held on." Percy explained not getting why Athena just didn't ask Annabeth herself. 

"You obviously care for my daughter a lot if you did that." Athena inquired. 

"I love your daughter Lady Athena. I would do anything for her, die if I have to." Percy said seriously. 

Athena lips quirked into the smallest of smiles. "You have my blessing Perseus. Spend the day with her." 

"Thank you so much Lady Athena." Perseus grinned happily a huge weight lifted off his shoulders, he no longer had to worry about Athena interrupting his relationship. 

He walked outside and in his eagerness to tell Annabeth he forgot she was eavesdropping and bumped into her making her fall over. 

"Jeez seaweed brain watch where you are going." Annabeth grumbled as she accepted his outstretched hands, she must have noticed how happy he was cause she said. 

"You happy you knocked your girlfriend down?" With her eyebrow raised. 

"No just about what your mother told me but if you want to be a meanie about it you won't get to." Percy childishly stuck out his tongue.