CHAPTER 16

It pays to be optimistic. It calms your spirit,  eases your soul,  so therefore it's like you're already ready for the toughest of situations to come.

.......................anonymous

Quain's  Pov :

So yeah I came home from work a bit later than the usual. I've been bomb rushed at work by my dads colleagues questioning my father's death and trying to negotiate with me about funeral arrangements. These people didn't even give me time to grieve. I was so angry and sad and just wanted to go home to be with my mother, she's probably home crying herself a wreck. I just wanted to tell everyone to fvck off and make a dramatic exit.
When I was finally home my mom was already in bed so I went straight to my room, only to be surprised by Shardonae sleeping figure peacefully in my bed, totally oblivious of my presence.
She was a drooly sleeper. And she was sweating even though the room felt like Antarctica.  The air conditioning was at 18°. I was taking a shower when she bolted into the bathroom vomiting into the toilet. Then she sat down on the floor crying.  I opened the shower door and peeked on her and sadly smiled at her "hey baby girl, are you ok?"
She nodded "I'm fine, just leave me alone!"
My eyes widen at her response "No. Really what's wrong with you?"
She looked up at me with wide teary eyes "I'm fine, I'm ok." Then she started to cry again so I went closer to hugg her. "Where were you tonight?" She sobbed.
"I was at work, I was bomb rushed by my dad's colleagues and things just went down hill from there, causing me to come home late. I'm sorry" I said apologetically.
She hugged me tighter and kissed my cheeks,  got up from the floor, brushed her teeth and went back to bed.

...........................》》》

I woke up before Shardonae, went downstairs and got to kitchen to get something to eat. Mom always being the early bird was already in the kitchen making breakfast.
"Hey mom."
"Hello son, someone came home late." She smirked.
I nodded " I had some issues at work to take care of."
"Ok." She said.
"Shardonae is vomiting a storm. Do you have anything to help her out?" I asked nervously.
"She's still vomiting? I thought I gave her something to suffocate the nausea that she's been feeling. " mom asked suprised.
"Yeah, what happened to her? She has been crying a lot lately." I said nonchalantly.
Mom grinned from ear to ear "I think I know what's the problem. 'Daddy."
My eyes widen in shock and I burst out laughing at my moms assumptions "No mom."
"Fine I have a pregnancy kit, if I'm right I want to give the baby its middle name. If your right then I owe you any favor you need." Mom said challenging me.
"Deal!" I retorted.