Does this always have to be this way?

Alex P.O.V

I kept my distance from Ashton. I can't believed I caved. Out of all people I could have caved for it had to be him. Back to this damn case. I don't know why we have to be on the other side. We don't really have to ask questions like that, well more not allowed to but still. Ashton tried earlier to make yet another conversation. I turned him down. Then he has the fucking balls to speak yet a third time.

"Look Alex, I know the pretty much only friend you have is Abby. You don't like to let anyone else in. And I get that. I know how it feels-" Ashton started to say.

"You think just got me figured out, huh? You know all about me don't you. I pick and choose who I hang out with Iwrin. The question is why do you think you know a lot about me? I taught you everything you know. You can't deny that. Dont look so butt hurt. Your just another asshole of an agent. Don't you ever underestimate me Iwrin. Your under my rules and my command. I won't Ever think twice about me putting you up for punishment." I said he looked hurt and shocked all rolled into one.

I honestly couldn't care less. I'm a bitch and I own up to that. This is the side I kept away from Abby. She was sensitive. Its amazing she's made this far being an agent being such a sensitive person. Then again shes always behind a computer. I'm the one with the gun.

"Do you allways have to make everything an argument. Look I've never thought about underestimating you. I could never. Does this always have to be this way? For us to be on the same team I mean. I'm trying to prove to you that I will never betray you." He said looking at me while I looked down at my blade.

"Does this have to work?" I retorted. I knew he was talking about us getting along.

"This is my mission. Not yours. You can think what you want. I'm in this with Abby, not you. Just stop. I don't know what you want from me-" I was cut short.

"Can you at least portray another emotion rather than being so stern. Your like a fucking robot." He raised his voice at me. And that is how he walked put of that damn limo beat as hell. Well first we argued. But something stuck with me.

            Does this always have to be this way?

Abby P.O.V

I sat and looked at Luke sleeping. He was toxic. Yet I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. My thoughts ran to Alex. How in the hell did she know about us? I swear I can't get anything past her. A lot of the time I don't like it, but now I don't have to hide it anymore. Suddenly Luke's phone rang. I looked at it and saw he had a text, Someone by the name Clara.

Clara- Look babe all you have to do is seduce the damn girl. Abby is the soft one out of the two. Alex I'll take care of later. 

What in the actual hell? I was not someone to be pushed over! Babe! How could that motherfucker do that to me. I grabbed his phone and decided to have fun with her. I'll deal with Luke later. 

Luke- Why do you want to hurt them so badly?

Clara- because of what Alex did to me. I'm in this on my own with you I don't have an army or work forces all I have is you. Alex put me down and said I didn't have the skill to do shit. I'm getting her back for that

I didn't text her back. I grabbed my computer. and hooked up his phone and downloaded all of his texts and sent that specific conversation to Alex. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Luke ask. he was still waking up. He then saw I had his phone. Shit! He yelled. He made a grab for the phone but I grabbed his arm let the computer tumble to the floor and turned him around, I heard a distinct pop but I didn't give one fuck. He made a sound of pain and looked at me with an expression of hurt. He didn't understand me, he's been farseeing it this whole time! 

"Stop the limo!" I yelled at the driver. Luke was saying something but in my head he sounded like a dieing dolphin. I needed Alex. I grabbed Luke and threw him out. 

"Take Hemmings to a holding cell." I commanded. 

"Miss. Archer what do I do if the opposing members attack?" One of the guys said referring to Alex. 

"Let him be killed." Alex commanded pushing Ashton away. She told him to go to a safe house and wait for her call if she needed anything. He nodded and walked away. Her faced was like it always was, no emotion at all. Her lips pursed, straight as a pencil, shoulders straight and just so damn cruel. This something we all learn. Alex fell naturally into this category. Yet so did I. With my high anxiety I learnt how to hide it. 

I looked at Alex and then felt like I was about to crumble. I was hurt and angry all at the same time. I can't believe Luke had done that to me. The only person I could rely on was her and vice versa. We both hopped on the limo and for once I was glad that I hadn't fallen in love with him. I just liked him. Maybe a little to much. Alex didn't touch me, she hated people touching her, but in a way she comforted me. Thats the way we work. The only question I have has been bugging me since I found out. 

Does it always have to be this way? 

Okay nother chapter! Hope its okay not to exciting.  Thanks for reading! 

~Alex