Chapter 22

Sollux walked into the living room looking down at his phone screen as he scrolled through messages. "Hey ED I jutht wanted to let you know that-," he stopped when he looked up from his phone to see his matesprit on his hands and knees on the floor peering behind the entertainment center. "What are you doing?" he questioned. Eridan glanced over to Sollux before looking back behind the TV.

"Psi likes hidin' that doll that Kan made for her and then havin' me go find it apparently," the sea troll said then stood up from the floor. Sollux looked over at the couch to see Psiion perched there watching Eridan intently. "What was it that you were sayin' Sol?"

"Oh, I wath jutht letting you know that AA ith going to be coming over to help uth in a little bit," Sollux said.

"Oh," Eridan responded uncomfortably. "Are we sure we gave 'em enough time?"

"It'th been almotht two weekth thinth Thiion hatched. I'm pretty sure they've had enough time," Sollux responded going over to sit on the couch with the little grub. Psiion crawled over to him and got in his lap chirping happily.

"Are you making your dad crawl all over the floor to find your doll?" Sollux asked the young violet blood. Psiion smiled and squeaked in response. "I'm imprethed, ED," he said to Eridan as the Aquarius checked a bookshelf for the hidden toy. "She'th only two weekth old and already hath you crawling on the floor in your good pants," he laughed.

Eridan turned away from the bookshelf to scowl at the Gemini. "I'm just playin' with our grub Sol. It's called bondin'," he rolled his eyes then reached for the top of the bookshelf and felt around. His fingertips made contact with a soft material and he strained to grab onto it then pulled it down. "Psi you can't hide this with your psionics. I can't reach as high as you can," Eridan said as he brought the white seahorse plush over to the couch to give to Psiion. Kanaya had made it special for the infant violet blood and added bee wings to the sea horse's back. Psiion sat up on her back legs in Sollux's lap and reached out her small black front legs to take the doll from Eridan.

"I bond with her too," Sollux retorted. He picked Psiion up off his lap and set her on the couch to get up to turn the TV on as well as one of his game consoles. He picked up a controller and brought it back with him to the couch. Eridan watched with his arms crossed and a hip cocked to the side. Once the game booted up Sollux set Psiion back in his lap and took the seahorse doll out of her grasp.

"Let'th put Mr. Theahorthe down for a little bit," he told her gently so that she wouldn't be upset about having her doll taken away. He put the controller in front of her and pointed to a button. "Can you preth thith?" he asked. Psiion tilted her head back to look at him and blinked her large mismatched eyes.

"In-fuckin-credible," Eridan scoffed. Sollux shot the high blood his middle finger without looking away from his task at hand.

"You can do it Thiion, jutht preth the green button like thith," he said then reached a finger out and pressed the button. The video game character on the TV screen fired his weapon. Psiion looked down at her parent's finger and crawled a little closer. She reached out a little black leg and placed it over the button then pressed down. The character on the screen fired his weapon again. Eridan raised an eyebrow as he watched the interaction between his matesprit and their grub.

"Hell yeth," Sollux said delightedly. "Jutht keep hitting that button alright?" Sollux instructed. He began moving the character forward and Psiion pressed the button again which blasted an enemy that had begun approaching. Eridan rolled his eyes.