Chapter 4

Halfway through the movie, Reuben and Avery fell asleep. Beca and Reuben were sitting on the couch while Chloe and Avery were on a chair. After noticing Avery was asleep, Chloe picked her up and carried her to her room. When she came back she saw Beca holding Reuben on her lap watching him sleep.
Beca looked up at Chloe.
"Doesn't he look so calm? I've never seen him so relaxed." She whispered to Chloe.
Chloe walked over and sat next to Beca.
"Do you want to stay the night?" She asked.
"I don't want to cause any inconvenience." Beca said.
"No, you won't be. We have an extra room, it's fine."
"Thanks. That'd be great."
Chloe showed Beca the room and Beca put Reuben in the bed. He mumbled a little bit upon being put down and Beca made sure he knew it was her.
"Wow Becs, you're an amazing mom!" Chloe said after they were outside the bedroom.
"I guess I'm alright." Beca said.
"I would never have pictured you as a mom." Chloe remarked.
"I wouldn't either, honestly, but I guess I am!" Beca replied.
They made their way back to the living room and sat on the couch.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you become a mom?" Chloe said, hoping she hadn't offended the tiny brunette.
"Well, it's a pretty long story, so sit tight!" Beca said. "It was about eight years ago, I was happily engaged to Jesse. I found out I was pregnant and was really nervous, but I knew having Jesse there would help me. I decided I would tell him that afternoon when I got home from work."
Chloe was staring into Beca's eyes, listening so closely that a bomb could have exploded and she wouldn't have heard it.
"I walked into the front door yelling his name and saying that I had big news, but I didn't hear an answer." She continued. "I walked into our bedroom to see a note on the nightstand. It said that he had feelings for someone else and I wasn't the one for him." Beca started to tear up, but tried not to show it. "And I hate to admit this part, but I actually made an appointment to get an abortion."
Chloe gasped and pulled a now crying Beca into her arms.
"I can't remember what made me decide against it, I just couldn't do it, and I am so thankful I didn't. I love Reuben so much." Beca was crying hysterically, but she knew Chloe didn't care.
"Oh Beca, it's okay... You don't have to cry." Chloe said while rubbing Beca's back. "It's okay, it's okay, everything is okay now."
"No it's not!" Beca said louder than Chloe expected.
"It's not?"
"No, I lost my job over the summer, and Reuben and I had to move to a tiny apartment here. We used to have such a nice house in LA and he was so happy there." She said, still sobbing.
"Beca, sweetie, look at me." Chloe said.
Beca looked up at her.
"You're going to be fine, you and Reuben can live here until you get back on your feet. I can try to get you a job at the school I teach at."
"No Chloe, we'll be fine."
"No, you are moving here. You are obviously worried, and at Casa De Chloe there is no need to worry!"
Beca laughed, "That rhymed, and just because of that, I would love to move in!"
Then a thought hit Beca.
"Oh no." She said. "Will it be weird for Reuben and Avery? I mean he made me pinky promise not to tell, but he has a crush on her."
Chloe giggled. "Avery has a crush on Reuben, too." She sighed. "Ah, young love."
They both laughed.