Chapter 11

Beca and Jesse decided that Jesse and Aubrey would come over and visit Reuben every other Saturday- until Reuben was comfortable with them.
Chloe, on the other hand, was still undecided about whether or not to tell Beca how she felt. What if Beca didn't love her back? They had finally finished moving Beca and Reuben's things into Chloe's house. Avery had just gotten home from her friend's house, and everyone said their goodbyes to Jesse and Aubrey.
"Okay, munchkins, time for bed!" Chloe said and led the kids upstairs.
Beca sat in the living room, thinking about everything that Jesse had said to her. Was she really an awful mother? She started to cry. Chloe walked in unnoticed by Beca.
"Hey." She said softly. "Don't cry. What's wrong now?"
"Was Jesse right about me being an awful mother? I want the best for Reuben and... he doesn't deserve to have an awful mom." She said.
"Beca, is Reuben still alive?" Chloe asked almost jokingly.
Beca nodded.
"Then you're doing a great job!" Chloe said.
"I'm scared." She told Chloe.
"You don't need to be scared. Tomorrow I'm going to try and find you a job at my school, okay?"
"Ok." Beca said.
"Anything else?" Chloe asked, looking at how beautiful Beca was when she was crying.
"No." Beca said simply.
"You sure?"
Beca finally gave in. She had wanted to do it since the day Chloe handed her a flyer for the Barden Bellas, but she was too scared. Beca pulled Chloe in and kissed her. Chloe was a little shocked, but didn't pull away. Instead, she wrapped an arm around Beca and put her hand in Beca's hair. Beca realized how better Chloe's kiss was than Jesse's. It was sweeter. Something she enjoyed. When they finally pulled away, Chloe looked Beca in the eyes.
"Remember that college crush I had mentioned?" She asked Beca.
"Yeah." Beca said.
"It was you." Chloe said and pulled Beca in for another kiss.