Chapter 6

After sitting in silence for what felt like forever, Beca had finally made a decision.
"I'm going to call him." She said after taking a deep breathe.
"Okay, do you know his number?" Chloe asked, happy with the decision Beca had made.
"Sadly, yes... I do." Beca replied and walked over to Chloe's house phone.
"I don't want him to know its me until he picks up." She said, pointing to the phone.
She dialed the number and was shocked by who picked up.
"Hello?" Aubrey said over the phone.
"Aubrey?!" Beca yelled, shocked.
"Uh-oh." Chloe said.
Beca turned to Chloe and said, "You knew that Aubrey and Jesse are together and didn't tell me!?"
"I was Aubrey's Maid of Honor. Surprise!" She said, nervous that Beca would be mad.
"Beca?" Aubrey said, confused as to why Beca would be calling her and Jesse.
"Uh, may I please speak to Jesse?" Beca said nervously.
"Why?" Aubrey questioned.
"I just wanted to tell him something." Beca said.
"Okay... I'll put you on speaker, I want to hear, too." Aubrey said.
Aubrey loved Jesse from the bottom of her heart and didn't want Beca to interfere with their relationship.
"Hey Beca." Jesse said.
"Umm, so you remember how we were engaged? And then you left me?"  She asked.
"Um... Yeah." He said.
"Well, the day you left, I came home with big news that would change our lives forever, and you weren't there." She said.
Aubrey looked at Jesse and Jesse became more and more nervous.
"Want to know what that news was?" Beca asked Jesse.
She gave a dramatic moment of silence.
"I was pregnant."
Jesse didn't know what to do. He had no idea he was a father, or was he? Was the baby okay? Where was Beca now? He grew more and more anxious to know.
"You were what?" He finally said.
"You have a seven year old son. Reuben." Beca said and Chloe walked over to give her a hug.
"Uh..." Jesse had no words.
"Does he look like Jesse? Oh, when can we meet him?"
"He definitely has Jesse's hair!" Chloe said.
"Chloe?" Aubrey said.
"Present!" She said.
"Do you two live together? Wait, are Reuben and Avery there?"
"Yeah, we live together! Beca is moving in tomorrow!" Chloe said. She was really excited.
"We have to come visit!" Aubrey said. "I'm a step mom!"
"Do you guys want to come over tomorrow? You can help Beca move in!" Chloe said.
"Sure, that would be great!" Aubrey said.
And with that, they hung up the phone.