Chapter 14

When the kids got home from school, Beca and Chloe decided to tell them right away instead of waiting until after dinner.
"Hey kiddos, take a seat. Chloe and I have something very important to tell you!" Beca said turning towards Chloe who was still sitting next to her on the couch.
"Beca and I are dating!" Chloe said to the two confused first graders sitting in front of them.
"Mom?" Reuben said looking at Beca.
"Yeah buddy?" She said.
"You like girls?" He said, sounding hurt.
"Bud, I don't like all girls. I like Chloe, but I also like your daddy. I guess I really don't have a preference." She said and shrugged.
Avery seemed to understand. She knew her mom had always been different and she liked that. She also really liked Beca and was glad her mom was happy.
Reuben on the other hand was confused. He didn't understand how his mom could like boys and girls. If they got married he would have three moms, his stepmom, his real mom and Chloe. He decided to let it go.
"Can I call you mommy?" He asked Chloe.
"It's up to your actual mom." Chloe said laughing.
"Yeah I guess, and Avery you can call me mom if you want." Beca said.
"Ok mom." She said.
"So your mom and I'm mommy I guess." Chloe said to Beca, still laughing.
"I guess so." Beca replied, smiling.
"Alright little people, where are we going for dinner to celebrate?" Chloe asked.
"Friendly's!" They said in unison.
"That's my favorite restaurant!" Reuben said.
"Mine too!" Avery said.
"Well, let's go then!" Beca said.
"Oh, I have to get changed." Chloe said.
"Chlo you look fine." Beca said, a little annoyed.
"I'm a little too dressed up, plus this dress isn't the most comfortable thing I could wear."
Chloe went upstairs to get changed and came down in a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. It was similar to what Beca was wearing, except Beca's was all black and Chloe was wearing a bright pink and purple hoodie. They were almost complete opposites, but were perfect together.