Chapter 21

"Ready to go?" Aubrey asked when Beca answered the door.
"Yeah, let me get my purse. Who's car are we taking?" Beca said.
"Let's take mine. Do you have the car seat?" Aubrey asked.
"Yeah." Beca said.
They got in the car and started driving to the mall. Beca began to get nervous, so Aubrey decided to start a conversation to calm Beca's nerves.
"So Avery, are you excited?" Aubrey asked.
"Yes! But, why do I have to come with you guys? Reuben gets to play laser tag." Avery complained.
"We want you to help pick out the ring." Beca said sweetly.
"You do?" Avery said.
"Of course! She's your mom!" Aubrey said.
They arrived at the mall and went from jewelry store to jewelry store, but Beca was never satisfied. Finally they stumbled upon a tiny little store in a hidden corner of the mall. They went in, and right in the display case was the perfect ring for Chloe. Beca was amazed by how perfect it was for her girlfriend.
"Aubrey, look!" She said and pointed to the ring.
"It's perfect!" Aubrey said.
Beca turned to the man. "We'll take this one please." She told him.
They took the ring and walked out of the store. Beca was excited that she had the perfect ring, now she just had to figure out how to propose.
"Where are you going to take her?" Aubrey asked.
"This might sound stupid, but I was thinking Cracker Barrel." Beca said.
"Why Cracker Barrel?" Aubrey asked.
"That's Mommy's favorite restaurant!" Avery chimed in.
"That's where we went on our first official date." Beca said.
"That's so thoughtful of you." Aubrey said.
They walked to the car and Beca took one last look at the ring. She was proud of how far she had come. She used to be an alternative girl who shut everybody out, and now she was about to propose to the best woman in the world. Hopefully she would say yes.