Chapter 5

"Good morning!" Beca said as she and Reuben walked into the kitchen.
She sat down and began eating the French toast that was put on the table for her. She looked at Chloe. Chloe winked at Beca, indicating that it was time to tell the kids.
"Okay, we have some big news for you two." Chloe said to Reuben and Avery.
Avery and Reuben looked at each other, then at their mothers.
"Reuben, we are going to move in with Chloe and Avery!" Beca said, trying to sound excited.
"WHAT!?" Avery and Reuben said in sync.
"I understand it will be hard for you to adjust, but you two can act like siblings. It will be fun!" Chloe said. She was really excited that her crush from college, whom she hadn't seen in ten years, was moving in with her.

Later that night, after the kids were asleep, Beca and Chloe sat down on the couch next to each other.
"So, I told you my story, why don't you tell me yours?" Beca asked Chloe.
"It's kinda boring... I don't think you would care." Chloe said.
"Come on, tell me!" Beca pleaded.
"Ok, fine. So I had been single since college because I had a crush in college, but I knew it wouldn't happen. I don't think they liked me back. I didn't want to date anyone else, just in case they came back into my life. I've known my whole life I wanted to have kids, but I never found the right person. So, I decided to use a donor. There. It's a super boring story, at least yours was interesting." Chloe said.
"Well... Mine is depressing. At least your's is happy!"
"Yeah, but..." She started and then she lowered her voice to a whisper, "Avery will never get to meet her father."
"Neither will Reuben." Beca whispered back.
"What? It's Jesse!" Chloe said, surprised.
Then she saw the look of guilt on Beca's face.
"You did tell Jesse right?" She questioned.
Beca turned her face away from Chloe's.
"Tell me you told Jesse." Chloe said firmly. "Beca, look me in the eye and tell me. Did you or did you not tell Jesse he has a son?"
A tear of regret rolled down Beca's cheek. Hearing Chloe so angry about this made her feel guilty.
"No, I never told him." She said and turned towards Chloe who notice the dripping makeup.
"Oh, Beca, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry." Chloe said sweetly.
"It's not your fault, I'm a jerk!" Beca said angry at herself.
"No, no, no! Beca... You're not a jerk, you were scared. You made a mistake, it's okay."
"Should I tell him?" Beca said in a small voice.
"That's up to you." Chloe said.