Chapter 8

It was early in the morning and Beca and Chloe were talking in the kitchen.
"Do you want me to help you tell Reuben?" Chloe asked Beca.
"I think it's best I tell him." Beca decided.
She walked upstairs to wake up Reuben.
"Hey, buddy?" she whispered after sitting next to him on the bed.
"Mom?" He said.
"Yeah, you have to get up. You'll never guess who's coming over today." She said.
Reuben sat up and looked at his mom.
"You know how most kids have a mommy and a daddy?" Beca asked.
"Avery and I don't have daddies." He said.
"Actually, bud, you do." Beca said. "And he's coming over today."
"Really?" Reuben asked before getting up to get dressed.
"Are you excited?" Beca asked, hoping Reuben would be okay with this.
"Yes! I have always dreamed of having a dad!" He said excitedly.
"Well I'm glad you're happy." Beca said and left the bedroom.
"Hey, how did it go?" Chloe asked.
"He's really excited. I don't know, I just hope Jesse doesn't let him down." Beca said.
"I'm sure he won't. It'll be okay." Chloe said trying to be positive.
The doorbell rang and Chloe ran to answer it. Beca stayed in the living room and heard the excited voice of Aubrey. She had honestly hoped she would never see Aubrey again, but that didn't go as planned considering Aubrey was married to Beca's ex fiancé and the father of her son.
Aubrey walked into the living room.
"Hey, Beca." she said almost apologetically.
Beca looked up at the tall blonde.
"Chloe told me how you felt about Jesse and me coming over. I'm so sorry." Aubrey said.
Since when was Aubrey so nice to Beca?
That's when Jesse walked in. Beca look up at him and shook her head. He felt bad for leaving Beca, but he loved Aubrey.
"Beca, I'm really sorry for everything I did." Jesse said, looking Beca in the eye.
"Dad?" Reuben yelled from the doorway.
Aubrey walked up to Reuben and was shocked by how small he was. Then she remembered he was Beca's son and Beca was tiny.
"Hi, you must be Reuben." She said kneeling in front of him. "I'm Aubrey. I'm your stepmom." She said softly.
"Hi." Reuben said. "Where is my dad?"
"He's talking to your mommy. Where's Avery?"
"She's still sleeping. Do you know my mommy?" He asked.
"Yes." Aubrey said, uncertain what to tell him.
"Do you want to see my new room? We painted it and we are moving all of my stuff today!" He said excitedly.
"Sure, we should let your mommy and daddy talk for a little bit and then you can meet him. He's an amazing man, I'm sure you will love him." Aubrey said.
Reuben led Aubrey upstairs.