Kagerou Days (Link X Reader)

Link: So it's my turn right here.
Tsubasa: Yeah. At least I'm did my best to interpret this song bit by bit. It was pretty hard to be honest.
Link: Okay. Proceed.
Tsubasa: The video that I inserted is the English cover of the song by JubyPhonic. Because of the PV that I saw, the following contains graphic deaths, so if you are not a fan to this, don't read or flame about it.
Both: And now...ONWARD!!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

(Modern AU, for the sake of it)

August 15th, 12:30 PM

That was what the date and time said on Link's smartphone. It was a pretty hot summer day. Link is sitting on one of the swings on a swing set in a nearby park. He is wearing a white shirt with a light brown vest and green shorts with brown shoes. The blonde look up to see the blue sky without any clouds covering the atmosphere. It was a pretty summer day, but Link didn't like the heat.

Another hot summer day. Brilliant... Link sarcastically thought.

"Hey, Link!" a girl's voice can be heard in a distance.

He turn to see (y/n) walking to him with her pet cat on her hands (unless if you don't have one, pretend you do). She is wearing a (f/c) sundress with white socks and (f/c) mary jane shoes. He smiles at her as she sits down on a swing next to him. Her (f/c) cat sits on her lap as (y/n) constantly pets (his/her) fur gently.

"Hey, (y/n). What's up?"
"Everything is great! How are you?"
"I'm fine, thanks for asking."
"That's fine to hear."

Everything was silent between the two for a second until...

"I wish it wasn't that hot today..."
"Why do you say that, (y/n)?"

(Y/n) looks down and stops petting her cat for a minute.

"I really don't like the summertime and it's-"

Link chuckles at her statement, which made (Y/n) look at him confused, but she smiles back at him. Link blushes and looks down, since he has a huge crush on the girl. Either way, the blonde is in love with the girl.

Soon, the both of them start to get off the swings and begin to walk around town for a bit. (Y/n) and Link begin to talk about a lot of things. It was a good conversation...until it sadly lasted.

As they continue walking, (Y/n)'s cat suddenly breaks free from her grip and starts to run across the street.

"(C/n) no! Get back here!" (Y/n) yelled.

(Y/n) begins to chase her cat, leaving Link behind. Link notices the scene and starts to chase after (y/n). As the girl ran halfway across the street, the traffic light turns red but no one did not pay any attention. Suddenly, there was a loud and alarming honking sound coming from an incoming truck passing by. The truck is unable to stop and (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes widen at the truck coming in front of her.

"Wha-?"

CRASH!!

By the time Link caught up, the sight in front of him wasn't pretty. His blue eyes widen to see (y/n)'s bloody corpse lying on the road and a small part of the street covered in blood. He screams out loud as tears begin to fall from his eyes. The bloody scent that was mixed with her beautiful fragrance caught his sense of smell and he covers his nose and mouth. Link drops to knees and look up to see a figure in black, who looks exactly like him, standing between him and (Y/n)'s dead body. To him, it was the person he refers to as the heat haze.

"What you see is what's going to happen to you!" he said and began to laugh.

That was the last thing Link heard before he blacked out.