Journey to the Place Called Smash

From Archive Of Our Own. This was made on Day 1 of Nintendo E3 and I apologize that I submitted this one very late right here.Any one-shots from my DA and/or AO3 will be submitted here as well. Read Author's Note #3 for more info about it.

This one-shot was made to dedicate the Inklings, Daisy, and Ridley for their arrival in Smash as newcomers. Enjoy!

If you don't like, go away now with the back button.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"And...finito!"

Daisy had just finished putting some food in her picnic basket. Recently, she received an invitation to join the fifth tournament of Super Smash Brothers. Finally, it's a dream come true since she yearns to fight in this special occasion after four failed attempts. Afterwards, she bids farewell to Sarasaland and makes her journey for the place known as the Smash Mansion...by foot.

Two days later...

"Ugh, no luck!" the flower princess said.

Although she did stop at a town to restock on food earlier, she should have bought some transportation or something about it. How did she not think of that?

As Daisy is continuing walking down the trail, she suddenly begins to feel something fly by. The flower princess turns around to see nothing but the grassy field behind her. She eventually shrugs it off as nothing and continues walking. However, she once again feels something fly by and this made the flower princess look up. Her blue eyes widen to see a purple dragon flying towards the ground. Once the creature made a landing, his amber eyes made eye contact with the flower princess and glares at her. Daisy begins to back away from the creature and made a run for it with fear. In response to her action, the dragon starts to chase her around the grassy field by flying towards the flower princess.

"I'm not dragon food, please don't hurt meeeeeeeee...!"

The flower princess continues running until she suddenly trips on a pesky rock, making her fall to the ground. As the creature lands in front of her, he begins to take a closer look of her. Before he could harm her, his sense of smell suddenly catches something sweet. Daisy stops being afraid as she sees the creature looking at her picnic basket. The flower princess starts to sit up straight and look at the dragon, whose stomach starts to growl.

"Are you hungry, boy?"

The creature responds to her question by simply nodding his head. The flower princess smiles at his answer and opens up her picnic basket.

"Well, why didn't you say so? Have a freshly baked cupcake," Daisy said.

The flower princess shows the creature a vanilla cupcake with yellow frosting and flower-shaped, colorful sprinkles. The dragon looks at her at first and then lowers his head to her level with his mouth open for the tasty treat. Daisy removes the cupcake wrapper and places the cupcake in his mouth. The dragon start to sit up straight as he begins chew on the cupcake and eventually swallows the treat. His amber eyes widen as the sweet taste sinks into his taste buds and looks at Daisy.

"You like it?"

The creature nods his head and this made the flower princess smile in response.

"How about a doughnut?" Daisy asks him as she pulls out a vanilla doughnut with yellow icing and the same flower-shaped, colorful sprinkles.

The dragon lowers his head with his mouth open and the flower princess places the doughnut in his mouth. He chews on the doughnut and swallows the sweet treat. His reaction of the doughnut's taste is the same as the cupcake he consumed earlier.