Proving to be Better (Dark Pit X Zelda)

This one-shot is from my DeviantART. Any one-shots from my DA and/or AO3 will be submitted here as well. Read Author's Note #3 for more info about it. Enjoy!

Don't like, don't read or flame about it.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

One typical day at the Smash Mansion, Zelda is in her bedroom, looking over the balcony. Not only she is watching the birds fly in the sky, she is also seeing Shulk, Link, Ike, and Marth practicing at the Training Grounds below. Although the four swordsmen are supposed to be training together, that is unfortunately not the case. Due to training (and personal) conflicts, they had started arguing at each other. Apparently, Link was making fun of Marth just because he looked more feminine than before, Ike complained that Shulk couldn't even do 'a better job at handling the sword', Marth insulted Link that 'an elf boy' like him couldn't be a 'better swordsman like himself', and Shulk insulted at the 3 swordsmen that they were all stupid because they 'can't get along better'. Zelda did a facepalm and is highly annoyed that the fact that they couldn't even stop fighting every day. Yeah, EVERY DAY.

Every time when a Smash tournament happens, there would always be a boy that would start fawning over her no matter which Zelda they are referring to. According to her ancestor, the Zelda from the Hero of Time era, when she arrived as a newcomer during the second tournament called Melee, there was another newcomer named Marth. He looked more feminine and many girls were really attracted to him, but Zelda said that 'he wasn't her type'. Then there's Roy, who she really wasn't interested in, but he didn't mind.

Over the next few months, the third tournament called Brawl happened and she took her ancestor's place. There was a newcomer named Ike and he took an interest in her. Heck, he even protected her from Subspace during their ordeal of the Great Maze. However, they soon got over their relationship and moved on due to conflicts. Then there's Pit, and although he liked her, they decided that they simply 'weren't meant to be' and he started to date Peach, which lead to their current relationship.

When the fourth tournament is announced, more newcomers arrived. There is a boxer named Little Mac, but he's already with the Wii Fit Trainer. Then there's a male tactician named Robin, but Zelda decided not to take an interest with him because he is already with a female newcomer named Palutena. Next, there's another named Shulk, who she doesn't know, but they just decided to be friends rather than have their relationship go to the next level. However, there is one of the newcomers she is very interested in knowing. This newcomer that she took interest in is an angel of darkness, who is 'a servant to no other, but himself'.

However, the princess of Hyrule suddenly snaps herself out of her thoughts when the argument between the four swordsmen gets louder.

"For the love of the goddesses, won't they ever stop?"
"Those swordsmen. So pitiful they are," a voice had said from behind.

Zelda turned to see Dark Pit standing by her doorway, since she left her door partly open.

"Oh, hello, Dark Pit. What bring you here?"
"I just happened to pass by. What else?"
"Oh. Sorry you had to hear me."
"It's nothing. So I heard that a group of idiots are annoying you."
"I wouldn't call them 'idiots,' but take a look yourself."

With that, the angel of darkness makes his way for the balcony. Sure enough, he can see the argument the princess of Hyrule had described.

"They can't do better themselves," Dark Pit said.
"Oh really? Are you saying that you can do better than them?" Zelda asked him.
"If you want to know how better I am, I can--"

Before he is to finish his sentence, the argument from the swordsmen in the Training Grounds got so loud that it forced him to halt his sentence. Zelda and Dark Pit looks at the other boys from the balcony and notices that Ike, Link, Marth, and Shulk have increase the fighting tension by not only using their swords, but also throwing at lot of punches swinging several kicks directly towards each other. Zelda, along with Dark Pit, both did a facepalm because the fight with the swordsmen has already gotten their attention and this annoys them greatly. With the argument reaching its limit, the swordsmen immediately drop their weapons on the ground and continue throwing their punches and kicks at each other.