~Chapter 20-The voice~

At first, it sounds so nice. It's deceiving softness throws you off at first. Their voice drips with milk and honey, soothing you into their grasp. You think: "Man, they don't seem so bad!"

Then everything changes when their eye catches something they want. Something they desair. So instead of speaking to you with a voiced laced with grace, they yell and cuss in a demonic tone, their voice echoing inside your head to where it hurts. It sends shivers down their hosts spine, making the unsettling paranoia set in. They edge you on.

They never give their name. They burn holes on the inside of your head, sending sharp pains through your body. Mentally and physically. It's like they're real, living inside your head, waiting for the perfect moment to come out and sprike everyone and everything down. Everyone has a little insanity hidden deep within themselves, and that voice brings it out. You think that you're sane, that nothing could tear apart your sanity.

But when that voice whispers in the back of your mind, that wall of sanity chips away until nothing is left. And when you become so insane, you lose yourself. It's like being in a maze. The maze is the voice, and you're the insanity. In the maze is a monster, and you try to flee. You're running down a long pathway, seeing the opening just ahead of you. A snap behind you makes you turn, and when nothing is there and you turn back, the opening is gone and you're trapped again. You cup your face in your hands, crying out like it is your last moment alive. When you're left alone with your own thoughts, trapped without a way out, you realize there is no point in leaving. And when that monster finds you, everything goes slow motion. It gives a crooked smile, it's eyes flaming with pure hatred. You choke up, falling to your knees and sobbing, seeing yourself standing there.

When you hear yourself laugh with a tone laced with darkness, a feeling of unwant fills your soul. You gave in. You wanted to feel love so bad. She came in and changed everything. That voice that sounded so sweet changes in an instant, and it's all your fault.

Your feelings? Ha! That's funny. You had them once, but that voice took them and ripped them in half, leaving a mess of feelings that used to be. And even if that voice was to go away, your insanity still lingers, and you will harm someone eventually.

You are the insanity. You are the the monster.

"Stop just stop!" Sans cries, holding himself close, hoping to rid the voice in his head.

He starts to laugh, silently crying on the inside. His pin-pricks disappear completely, his arms curling up to the front of his boney chest, inhaling the freezing cold air. His fingers twitch, his head jerking the side, making an awful cracking sound. He steps back, the snow crunching under his feet as his boot sinks into the frozen water.

"S-stop trying to control me!"

*I'm not. You're doing that on your own.

Sans drops to his knees, coughing up a strange, grey, chalky feeling liquid. A hand goes over his mouth, trying to suppress his violent coughing. The strange liquid starts to drip down his chin and throw his gloved fingers.

"W-what is this?" He asks, tears rolling down his cheeks as he continues to cough up the weird, grey water.

The voice laughs, making him shutter, wiping away some of the liquid on his bandana.

*Tsk. Tsk. Don't you remember?

Images of red flashes before his eyes, screams of pain ringing through his head, the voices laugh mixing in. He suddenly yells as loud as he can, enclosing his fingers around the sides of his skull. Tears of blood start to leak from his eyesockets, staining the white snow crimson red.

*You found out.

"What have I done?!"

*And you kept that 'promise' you made to (Y/n).

He hacks up more strange liquid, nearly choking as he continued to cry.

*You went out and killed.

He looks up towards the ceiling, seeing a beautiful, fake, bright blue sky. His stary eyes turn into X's, his breath becoming shallow.

*He taught you well, for sure.

"What is this stuff?!" He asks the voice a second time, barely getting out his words.

*Why, it the liquefied remains of the monster you killed!

He stares at his dark blue glove covered in dusty, watery monster remains, his teeth grinding away into nothing.

"I-it's all your fault! T-this happened because you won't go away!"

The voice hums, letting Sans know it was pleased, amused, but angry all at the same time.

*No, you did this yourself. I only edge you on.

*You killed that monster.

*You laughed when they begged for mercy.

*You're the one who marked (Y/n) because of want.

*It's you.

*It's always been the heartbroken, crazy, love sick, insane you.

*Right, Sans?